Panel Lights (should they stay on)

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Mark Malburg

Panel Lights (should they stay on)

PostMon Mar 05, 2018 10:18 pm

We have had the new ATEM 1 M/E Advanced Panel for a few weeks now (and we are liking it). However, this is a church installation and as a result the panel spends many days a week without being used. This means that the panel's lights and display stay "on" all week long.

What is the recommended practice? There doesn't seem to be a "power switch" on the advanced panel.

Thanks,

- M

Denny Smith

Re: Panel Lights (should they stay on)

PostMon Mar 05, 2018 10:54 pm

If you only use it on Sunday’s, I would power it down during the week of non use. While it is a ProPanel, it should be designed for 24/7 operation. You should ask BM Support directly on this to confirm.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Pavel Lavrov

PostTue Mar 06, 2018 12:37 am

Mark Malburg wrote:We have had the new ATEM 1 M/E Advanced Panel for a few weeks now (and we are liking it). However, this is a church installation and as a result the panel spends many days a week without being used. This means that the panel's lights and display stay "on" all week long.

What is the recommended practice? There doesn't seem to be a "power switch" on the advanced panel.

Thanks,

- M

If it’s not being used all week you can just cut power to it (ex power extension with power switch or something...) if it’s remote, then you can get remote power control, even automated one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Pavel L

Scott Smith

PostWed Mar 07, 2018 5:21 pm

Scott R Smith
BMD Stuff I use: ATEM 2-M/E, 4 x ATEM PS 4K, Broadcast Videohub, 6 Hyperdeck Pros, 4 Hyperdeck Shuttles, Multidock, Smartscope Duo, Smartview, Intensity Extreme, Decklink Studio, and lots of Miniconverters and Open Gear Converters.

Michael Holguin

PostMon Mar 12, 2018 2:26 am

Hey i have the atem 2 me broadcast panel. And I'm having some issues with it staying on. Could it be because I only have the main plug for power but not the backup aswell. Even if I'm only using 1 ME. It turns on fine. Connects to switcher for about 30 seconds then says " connecting to ............"

If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks !

Return to Live Production