Teranex AV - SDI Loop Out Reference Timing & Audio Question

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Zack Pittman

Teranex AV - SDI Loop Out Reference Timing & Audio Question

PostTue Mar 13, 2018 3:46 am

Can't find a precise answer to this in the manual.

Terrane AV is the product and has tri-level sync being fed to it. 3G SDI signal going into SDI A, not timed to the reference, so obviously the scaled/processed output will be in time with the reference signal... The question is about the loop out puts for SDI A&B. Are they timed to the the input signal or retimed to the reference going into the Teranex? Normally I wouldn't even think the loop out would be retimed to the processor, but on the Teranex Express version, the loop outputs become Quad 3&4 of a Quad 4k output, so on the express they would have to be timed. How about on the Teranex AV?

Second question is about audio Mapping and gain adjustments.
I know you can map any input to any output, but can you double map an input to 2 outputs? (i.e. Embedded Ch 1 mapped to Embedded Channels 1&2 on the output?

In the manual I see a screen shot of gain adjustment, but it doesn't tell much. Can each embedded SDI channel's gain be adjusted to some degree? On an individual level or just global?

I need about 18 of these if it can do all the above...

Xtreemtec

Re: Teranex AV - SDI Loop Out Reference Timing & Audio Quest

PostTue Mar 13, 2018 10:00 am

Zack Pittman wrote:Can't find a precise answer to this in the manual.

Terrane AV is the product and has tri-level sync being fed to it. 3G SDI signal going into SDI A, not timed to the reference, so obviously the scaled/processed output will be in time with the reference signal... The question is about the loop out puts for SDI A&B. Are they timed to the the input signal or retimed to the reference going into the Teranex? Normally I wouldn't even think the loop out would be retimed to the processor, but on the Teranex Express version, the loop outputs become Quad 3&4 of a Quad 4k output, so on the express they would have to be timed. How about on the Teranex AV?

I have not designed the teranex av.. So i could be wrong. But i guess these loop outs are a direct reclocked output of the input. No processor involved between it.
As the Teranex AV has enough output connectors i think this is the case. And the REF is going into the processor for processing everything. Otherwise the LOOP out's would have some degree of delay in them which you don't want on a loop output.

I think on the Express they did this to save on connectors.. (12G bnc's are about $4 a piece)

Zack Pittman wrote:Second question is about audio Mapping and gain adjustments.
I know you can map any input to any output, but can you double map an input to 2 outputs? (i.e. Embedded Ch 1 mapped to Embedded Channels 1&2 on the output?

I just did an audio MAP for you.. You can even map all output channels to 1 input channel if you like. In the audio map you cycle trough the outputs and can select which input needs to be assigned for every output. All 16 inputs, Some tone generators and mute.

It does not seems to support induvidual audio gain.. Just 1 audio gain.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production