Spam, flood, trolls and else...

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Christian

Spam, flood, trolls and else...

PostSun Mar 24, 2013 7:36 pm

A lot of people are flooding and spamming , just in order to increase their posts meter or to use the Blackmagicdesign forum as a free billboard.
At least, those who put links to their website and products, promoting them in this way, should use a Blackmagicdesign banner ad or something.

Trolls..., already been victim here of those, on this very forum actually !
Well, maybe there is people seeking revenge because they have lost money from the camera shipping issues. Who knows... (My 2¢).

"[...]Trolls are people who want to get on your nerves. They will usually lurk around the forums and wait for an opportunity to annoy or attack a user.[...]".
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Don%27t_feed_the_Troll

The Low Light Performance topic gives very good examples !
Frank Glencairn wrote:[...]
Oh, wait ... you don't have a BMC.[...]
Oh, how cute.[...]

Frank Glencairn wrote:Oh, is that so...

...so please enlighten us (pun intended),[...]

Soeren Mueller wrote:are you trying to live up to the cliché frenchmen portrayed in hollywood movies? :lol:
oh wait.. i guess it's the british butler...

Soeren Mueller wrote:[...]
Dude, you're really hilarious :) [...]
have fun trolling..

I will not feed the troll anymore !
--------------------------
- Christian Kane Black

bhook

Re: Spam, flood, trolls and else...

PostSun Mar 24, 2013 11:56 pm

You have got to be kidding me... :roll:

Christian

PostMon Mar 25, 2013 12:10 am

--------------------------
- Christian Kane Black

Darryl Gregory

PostMon Mar 25, 2013 8:36 am

Thanks
Last edited by Darryl Gregory on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christine Peterson

PostMon Mar 25, 2013 2:23 pm

Christian Kane Black wrote:A lot of people are flooding and spamming , just in order to increase their posts meter or to use the Blackmagicdesign forum as a free billboard.
At least, those who put links to their website and products, promoting them in this way, should use a Blackmagicdesign banner ad or something.

Trolls..., already been victim here of those, on this very forum actually !
Well, maybe there is people seeking revenge because they have lost money from the camera shipping issues. Who knows... (My 2¢).

"[...]Trolls are people who want to get on your nerves. They will usually lurk around the forums and wait for an opportunity to annoy or attack a user.[...]".
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Don%27t_feed_the_Troll

The Low Light Performance topic gives very good examples !

Hi Christian,

If you see spam or trolling, please report it with the exclamation point button in the top-right of the post. It makes it easier for our admins to find these posts and take care of them in a timely manner.

The topic you refer to has been locked. Frank and Soeren have both proven to be helpful, thoughtful members of this forum, although I agree that the conversation in that thread turned a bit hostile, yourself included.

To everyone who may be reading this, please remember to be respectful of your fellow forum members. Thank you.
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

Return to Off-Topic