Problems with Davinci

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

lucaskosta

Problems with Davinci

PostTue Mar 20, 2018 1:59 pm

Rencently i have instaled the Davinci software to learn about video editing, but i can use the software cause everytime i try to render some video sample they freeze and i can't watch it at all.
I've already tried install it in 3 diferent desktops: one with AMD RADEON RX480 (4gb) + 16gb ram memory + R7 AMD CPU. Another with NVIDIA GTX 1050 ti graphics + i5 kaby lake cpu and another with GTX 980 + R7 AMD CPU.

In all of them i have the same problem, is impossible to edit any video.

Understand, the software does not lock itself, only when I try to render a video it gets stuck and the frame rate drops dramatically.

Can you help me please?

Uli Plank

Re: Problems with Davinci

PostTue Mar 20, 2018 6:00 pm

More details please: footage format and codec, how many effects and/or grades?
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Marc Wielage

Re: Problems with Davinci

PostFri Mar 23, 2018 12:54 am

What render format? What aspect ratio?

You might try dropping the render speed way down and see if that helps. I have never had to go down to 2fps before, but it is an option. 5fps has generally worked for me on problematic material (including 8K Helium originals). There is a point where you have to get out the hammer and clobber the machine into submission.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve