ATEM Television Studio using Ustream & Wirecast for Podcast

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author
peelhead

ATEM Television Studio using Ustream & Wirecast for Podcast

PostSun Sep 09, 2012 5:27 am

Need to figure a solution to use with Ustream. We know that other products work with Wirecast and Ustream we need a solution for ATEM TS. We are using the Behringer 2496 to get audio in so we are in need of solid way to get our H.264 live feeds to Ustream. We are possibly going to purchase one of your other cards that are listed as compatible with Wirecast Studio/Pro:
Blackmagic:
Intensity Pro Decklink SDI, Duo, Studio, HD Extreme 3D, Quad Intensity Shuttle (USB 3), Intensity Extreme (Thunderbolt),Ultrastudio 3D (Thunderbolt)

We are looking at the best solution to use the power of the ATEM TS and not have to use any scripts. Our system is a MacPro, 2.8Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 3GB 1066 Mhz DDR3.

I've been on the other forums and there is no real solutions that anyone has come up with. We are waiting and figured you'd know how to get us some answers.

thanks,
Selvyn 'SELE' Price

Jeff Amato

Re: ATEM Television Studio using Ustream & Wirecast for Podc

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 2:25 pm

I currently use ustream with an all BlackMagic solution so it is definitely possible. This is what my setup looks like:

Cameras (Sony NX5U) are fed via HD/SDI to a Compact Videohub, then from the videohub they are routed into the ATEM SDI inputs which are also connected to the videohub. My program and multiview are also sent into the videohub to be routed to where I please. Now, on my mac pro I have a DeckLink Duo both in/out routed into the videohub. So my program feed from the ATEM Tvs is routed to my mac pro decklink where the ustream app sees the card as a video source. Simultaneously the ATEM Tvs is connected via USB to capture h.264 output.

I realize this actually may sound a bit confusing, but simply every input and output is connected to the videohub and routed as I choose. Using a decklink card will let Ustream see it as a source and you can pass whatever video you'd like to it. Likewise, you can simply take the SDI program out and send it directly to the decklink card.

Sanghyun Park

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 7:47 pm

Intensity Shuttle USB3.0 works fine in using ustream.
Workflow looks : CAM HDMI -> TVS -> TVS PRGM -> Intensity Shuttle -> Notebook -> ustream
1ME, H.264pro, Shuttle 3.0, HDMI-SDI converter User

peelhead

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 8:33 pm

Really appreciate it. Getting card today and getting back online with the dark side of the force 8-)

farkasistvan

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 8:45 pm

Hello!
I'm thinking of buying a Blackmagic ATM Television, and I'm wondering if I can use it together with Wirecast program to broadcast live on the internet? Blackmagic ATM Television delivers an H264 signal that I can bring into my Mac Pro via a Blackmagic Intensity cards HDMI input. The question is if Wirecast communicates live with the incoming signal from the Black Magic box?
Thanks
István Farkas
Sweden

Liam Kennedy

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 10:13 pm

farkasistvan wrote:Hello!
I'm thinking of buying a Blackmagic ATM Television, and I'm wondering if I can use it together with Wirecast program to broadcast live on the internet?

Wirecast does not support the H.264 USB2 output from the TVS. I've asked them about it... but they have not responded with anything that looks like a formal interest in doing that.

They do support the 1ME output via USB3 (it shows up as a directshow device). (I have both a TVS and a 1ME... so I do have a method of streaming with them - just not the TVS by itself).

Hmm... I guess instead of asking Wirecast to support it... we should petition Black Magic to create a directshow driver for the H.264 output from the TVS/H.264 Pro Recorder.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Return to Live Production