Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Problem with Fusion Titles in Davinci Resolve 15 beta

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

CopeTheUnknown

Problem with Fusion Titles in Davinci Resolve 15 beta

PostFri Apr 13, 2018 7:02 am

Hi guys,

I hope this is the right forum for this question.

I created a timeline and imported footage from my Canon 70D. I do not know the correct codec right now.

Then I wanted to add a preset fusion title.

And here comes the problem :
I do not see any editing options in the inspector, and the fusion title does not show up on screen when I playback the timeline.

I searched for an answer with my google-fu skills, but could not find anything.

Thanks for the help!

- Gero

Jeff Brass

Re: Problem with Fusion Titles in Davinci Resolve 15 beta

PostSat Apr 14, 2018 12:35 pm

As it's a first beta then several things aren't implemented yet. Fusion titles is one of those things.

We just need to be patient :D
Win10 Pro x64 | i7 5930k|64GB RAM |GTX 1080 8gb | Mini Monitor | DR Studio 16.2

Bryan Ray

PostSat Apr 14, 2018 3:25 pm

Looks like keyframing for Fusion Text isn't working in the Timeline, but if you switch over to the Fusion tab, you can animate it there. Although for some reason the underlying footage doesn't show up in the Fusion comp? That's strange.

I don't have any problem seeing the Fusion title when I play back the Timeline or viewing its properties in the Inspector, though.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (443.95 KiB) Viewed 11963 times
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

Jeff Brass

PostSun Apr 15, 2018 9:49 pm

Bryan Ray wrote:Looks like keyframing for Fusion Text isn't working in the Timeline, but if you switch over to the Fusion tab, you can animate it there. Although for some reason the underlying footage doesn't show up in the Fusion comp? That's strange.

I don't have any problem seeing the Fusion title when I play back the Timeline or viewing its properties in the Inspector, though.

interesting - either its working (or not working) differently on my machine or I'm doing something wrong as I get no controls, no titles...nothing but a black screen

Jeff Brass

PostSun Apr 15, 2018 10:18 pm

Seems to be an issue with dual screen. Switch to single screen and it should work.

zoncad

PostMon Apr 16, 2018 5:12 am

Hey Guys... I'm also having an issue with Titles in Fusion. Specifically my issue revolves around the 3D text. In BMD's advanced features of Fusion integrated with Resolve 15 YouTube tutorial/demonstration video, they create a cool 3D title/text animation. I'm trying to recreate exactly what they did so I can better understand working in the Fusion section. However I get thrown off the rails immediately because the text they use in the video seems to react to some unseen light source as soon as it's made 3D without adding additional light sources. When I do it, even if I add a light source, none of the text is effected by the light. Is there some feature or adjustment I may be missing or a factory setting that needs to be turned off in the project settings? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alkesh Nanavaty

PostMon Apr 16, 2018 8:57 pm

zoncad wrote:Hey Guys... I'm also having an issue with Titles in Fusion. Specifically my issue revolves around the 3D text. In BMD's advanced features of Fusion integrated with Resolve 15 YouTube tutorial/demonstration video, they create a cool 3D title/text animation. I'm trying to recreate exactly what they did so I can better understand working in the Fusion section. However I get thrown off the rails immediately because the text they use in the video seems to react to some unseen light source as soon as it's made 3D without adding additional light sources. When I do it, even if I add a light source, none of the text is effected by the light. Is there some feature or adjustment I may be missing or a factory setting that needs to be turned off in the project settings? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello. I haven't played with Fusion within Resolve 15 yet. Could it be that there is a default light option somewhere? I know in Fusion, you can activate lights (including just in the viewport). I know that the buttons are rearranged. I wonder if enabling light is an option somewhere there.
Regards,

Alkesh
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlkesh007

zoncad

PostMon Apr 16, 2018 10:48 pm

Alkesh Nanavaty wrote:Hello. I haven't played with Fusion within Resolve 15 yet. Could it be that there is a default light option somewhere? I know in Fusion, you can activate lights (including just in the viewport). I know that the buttons are rearranged. I wonder if enabling light is an option somewhere there.

Thanks Alkesh! I've seen that in some Fusion standalone app tutorials there is a button you can click that turns on shadows. I hope it's that simple but for some reason I can't find that button or option anywhere within Resolve.

zoncad

PostTue Apr 17, 2018 12:28 am

So I was able to find the button to turn on the shading and lights. For anyone else experiencing this issue, you need to right click on the viewer, select 3D options, and make sure Lighting and Shadows is selected. I'm not sure I turned them off or if they are by default off but that's the fix.
Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 5.26.45 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 5.26.45 PM.jpg (412.9 KiB) Viewed 11676 times

WittFreely

PostWed May 16, 2018 1:01 pm

Anyone ever figure out how to fix this? The conversation turned to lighting source.

I did this morning's update and my titles still don't show up. I can now see them when I drag the timeline bar over them but once I play it back the screen goes black when it goes over the text.

MrHotter

PostThu May 24, 2018 3:40 am

I'm having the same issue. When looking at the inspector for a Fusion title, the 'Fusion' tab has nothing on it. The 'Video' tab looks normal.

The Text titles have the 'Text' tab in the inspector, so I can still use that.

Maybe it's something simple like our Fusion settings or our graphics card. If I get mine working I'll post what I did.
Mac mini
Apple M1 chip with 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, and 16-core Neural Engine
16GB unified memory
512GB internal SSD storage
various external drives

hmrprods

PostSat Aug 11, 2018 12:00 am

Hi I just started using Resolve, having been with Adobe Premiere Pro for years. Am having issues with the Fusion preset titles. They seem to stutter the video and then it speeds up. If I run through the title 4 or 5 times it seems to play better. Any idea as to what is going on, and will they render out smoothly? :D

Return to Fusion