DAVINCI 16 | Big feature request list.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

John Paines

Re: DAVINCI 16 | Big feature request list.

PostFri May 04, 2018 12:46 am

Tristan Pemberton wrote:How? For the life of me I can't find information on trimming multiple clips together.

Go into Trim mode ("t") select all or draw a box around the clips you want to trim. Use "u" to toggle the edit point. Then trim using any of the methods available for single clips.

Tristan Pemberton wrote:I can use the timecode adjust now - just type it in. Be good if there was some sort of feedback for that process as it's not intuitive to just type in timecode. But happy it works.

The feedback is in the right timecode field of the source or record monitor, depending on where you're entering the TC values.

Rohit Gupta

Blackmagic Design

PostFri May 04, 2018 5:27 am

bifericeras wrote:I installed DaVinci 15 public beta 2 days ago. Because it crashed so often that I couldn't really use it I installed today morning DaVinci 14.3. It even crashes more, I can't change System/User preferences without crashing.

... ...

Could you please post a crash log? Help menu... Capture Diagnostic logs. Upload it to a file sharing service, and post a link here, or PM me.
Rohit Gupta

DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

Peter Benson

PostSat May 05, 2018 1:29 pm

Tristan Pemberton wrote:
Peter Chamberlain wrote:Tristian, both of these features are in v14.

I can use the timecode adjust now - just type it in. Be good if there was some sort of feedback for that process as it's not intuitive to just type in timecode. But happy it works.

#WowJustWOW
Exa-a-actly right. I hereby reiterate yesterday's posted "Feature Request" (sic) that an immediate fix and standard be set in place among Resolve application programmers and GUI designers, for *always* providing visual feedback [flashing cursor within a faded text field] to Resolve users who click within an editable [Timecode, or any other] *editable* text field.

Mr. Chamberlain, as a relative newcomer, I've observed this absolutely needs to become part of the process improvement culture amongst Resolve's programmers/GUI designers IMHO:

Let's reduce the number of unintentionally "hidden" features in Resolve, and instead, make them conspicuous so they are much more readily apparent and accessible to users merely poking around and experimenting in the GUI, without reading the manual.

There are in fact, quitea a number of instances, for example where features are ghosted out in their respective menu, yet, they actually are functional.

The process tree that's in place for Resolve development either needs to be adhered to -- or improved, and that's evident in the hordes of conflicts we constantly have to wade through and re-interpret while reading the Resolve Users Manual.

Thanks for Listening.

RS 14.3 | MiniMonitor | Samsung U28D590 via Spyder5 Pro | DTV 10.9.7 | Win64 8.1 | ASUS ROG G751JL, Intel i7-4720HQ, 24GB, 1TB HDD, 500GB SSD, GTX965M | Mackie MCU Pro | Softube Console 1 | Shuttle Pro 2
DTV 10.9.7 > Kingston SD5000T > MiniMonitor > Bravia | Samsung U28D590 | DRS 14.3.0.014 | Win8.1 x64 | ASUS G751JL, i7-4720HQ, 24GB | GTX965M | 1TB HDD, 500GB EVO 850 SSD | MCU Pro | Softube Console 1 Mkii | Shuttle Pro 2

Peter Benson

PostSat May 05, 2018 5:56 pm

John Paines wrote:The feedback is in the right timecode field of the source or record monitor, depending on where you're entering the TC values.

Oh yeah? OK John I'll bite:
Kindly explain what *kind* of [visual] feedback exists, in*any* Timecode Text Field in Resolve (be sure to mention Resolve version number), after a user either clicks -- or even *double* clicks within a Timecode Text Field? IOW, what does the feedback look like? It must be conspicuously hidden in version 14.3, so curious minds would like to know... ;-)
DTV 10.9.7 > Kingston SD5000T > MiniMonitor > Bravia | Samsung U28D590 | DRS 14.3.0.014 | Win8.1 x64 | ASUS G751JL, i7-4720HQ, 24GB | GTX965M | 1TB HDD, 500GB EVO 850 SSD | MCU Pro | Softube Console 1 Mkii | Shuttle Pro 2

Dermot Shane

PostSun May 06, 2018 6:38 pm

twenty five years ago i had these buttons;

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (81.95 KiB) Viewed 11756 times

maybe in v16 we could catch up to Accom 1993?

should note that i have this functionality on my Artist Color, Transport, XKeys, StreamDeck, Wacom and Twister already, so it's not that much use to me, if it appears on the mini it would be nice for when i freelance on one of those

Tristan Pemberton

PostMon May 07, 2018 4:01 am

John Paines wrote:
Tristan Pemberton wrote:How? For the life of me I can't find information on trimming multiple clips together.

Go into Trim mode ("t") select all or draw a box around the clips you want to trim. Use "u" to toggle the edit point. Then trim using any of the methods available for single clips.

Tristan Pemberton wrote:I can use the timecode adjust now - just type it in. Be good if there was some sort of feedback for that process as it's not intuitive to just type in timecode. But happy it works.

The feedback is in the right timecode field of the source or record monitor, depending on where you're entering the TC values.

Thanks John.
Director
Australia
www.flywirefilms.com

wutongdegugeyouxiang

PostMon May 07, 2018 11:05 am

About Optimizing Media: Functional Requirements
1. The name of the generated optimized media can be stored in the defined directory just like the material name.
2. You can enable or disable this optimized media at any time.
3. You can link optimized media generated from other computers to my material instead of regenerating it.
About Render Cache: Functional Requirements
1, When you add footage to the timeline, the generated rendering cache after the footage does not disappear.
2. When an error operation is cancelled, the rendering cache can be undone, instead of disappearing.
3. Render caches are generated automatically only in the timeline visible range.
DaVinci Resolve 16.1.0b.017;i7 6700, rx 590, 16G RAM

Mark Grgurev

PostMon May 07, 2018 7:59 pm

It would be great if they integrated Media Express into the Media tab. Seems simple enough considering most of the functionality is already there.

roger.magnusson

PostMon May 07, 2018 9:04 pm

I'd like resizable popup windows where applicable. I know... "don't use a laptop". But sometimes you have to and there are a number of windows in Resolve that can't be resized or where all the content can't even be viewed.
  • The Project Server window
  • Fairlight - Format Assign
  • Fairlight - Link Group
  • Fairlight - Patch Input/Output
In the Fairlight windows mentioned above you can't even see the Cancel/OK buttons! That's on a 13" MacBook Pro. The Edit and Color pages work fine though.

Reynaud Venter

PostMon May 07, 2018 9:09 pm

roger.magnusson wrote:That's on a 13" MacBook Pro
Enabling the “More Space” Display option in System Preferences was the biggest change, enabling the Resolve UI to be workable on a 15” MacBook Pro.
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 18.6.5 • macOS 14.3.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

roger.magnusson

PostMon May 07, 2018 9:29 pm

Text becomes a bit too small on the 13" for me in that mode unfortunately.

Adrian Mcyorian

PostTue May 08, 2018 7:28 am

EDIT PAGE:

Hold left click over the playhead an drag up and down = Zoom in / zoom out with focus con playhead cursor

Mousewheel over empty time line or ruler = Zoom in / Zoom Out focused on position of arrow cursor

Mousewheel + Ctrl over empty time line = Vertical Size of channels

Just try this and you see how fast improve workflow
System specs:
Resolve Studio version: 18.5.1
CPU: Intel core I5
RAM: 32GB
GPU: GTX 1070

steve oakley

PostWed May 09, 2018 7:13 am

Feature Request : Text Panel

what I need / want : a window that I can load a .txt. pdf or docx file into. might be a script, might be change notes, whatever. either way I need to reference an external text doc and flipping between another app and R is time consuming. it should be a standard feature of every NLE and no idea why it isn't. thats especially the case when both your screens are taken over by your NLE app.

Prem Pro had the story window but killed it.

there are tons of open source code options so its not like this would be a build it from scratch thing for reading the various file formats.

if I can edit txt and save it thats a bonus, but if its read only, and all you can do is scroll, that would totally be great. please !
S
mac Studio Ultra 128gb OS 13.5+
TB3 ext 1TB SSD Cache, 1TB SSD Sys
4K 27Dell
Presonus Quantum 2626 TB3 Word clocked 96K
MiniPanel via enet
Behinger Xtouch USB via USB3 Hub->PCIe USB3X4 card
Wacom XL Pro

Trevor Asquerthian

PostWed May 09, 2018 7:28 am

steve oakley wrote:Feature Request : Text Panel

it should be a standard feature of every NLE and no idea why it isn't.

File|new script in Avid (which you can then line up clips/subclips to, even without scriptsync option)

steve oakley

PostWed May 09, 2018 6:26 pm

as V2 of this feature sure. something like script sync would easily be a cycle or two on its own. I'd MUCH rather have a simple window I could load and scroll text docs into right now, or in the next release because doing it is a LOT less time to write & debug. I'd rather see a simple text window read more file formats than wait a couple years for script sync to show up which would be of limited use to a small set of users.

Trevor Asquerthian wrote:
steve oakley wrote:Feature Request : Text Panel

it should be a standard feature of every NLE and no idea why it isn't.

File|new script in Avid (which you can then line up clips/subclips to, even without scriptsync option)
S
4K 27Dell
MiniPanel via enet
Wacom XL Pro

Leslie Wand

reverse wipe button please

PostFri May 11, 2018 1:30 am

such a simple request for an even simpler operation ;-)

as per this thread:

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=73740
www.lesliewand.com.au
amd5 5800x / 32gb ram / rtx 3050 8gb / win 10 pro
sony ex3, sony a6400

Ian Duncan

PostFri May 11, 2018 2:20 pm

aborady wrote:
seanross67 wrote:Within a project, I need timelines with variable resolutions and frame rates. Once this happens, I will build a Resolve only pipeline.
Thats the only reason i camt switch totally from premier to DR as a daily driver editing software coz lots of the projects i have clients always ask to have different adaptations for different platforms or usually digital advertising screens for now in DR theres no way to have these kind of projects i dunno how it hasnt been implemented till now

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

This is key if we are to use Resolve in place of premiere for a project.
Cheers,

Ian

Machine:
Custom Built Win10 Pro
Intel Core i9-7980X
GIGABYTE X299 DESIGNARE EX
Samsung 960 PRO Series 512 for OS and 2TB for cache
128gb DDR4 3000
2 x TitanXp GPU
External black magic Decklink 4k through thunderbolt 3
10GBE Nic

Ian Duncan

PostFri May 11, 2018 2:21 pm

Trevor Asquerthian wrote:
Andy Mees wrote:
All track timecode display/overlays are a basic feature of professional NLE systems...

+1

+1
Cheers,

Ian

Machine:
Custom Built Win10 Pro
Intel Core i9-7980X
128gb DDR4 3000
2 x TitanXp GPU
10GBE Nic

Ian Duncan

PostFri May 11, 2018 2:25 pm

Dermot Shane wrote:twenty five years ago i had these buttons;

s-l1600.jpg

maybe in v16 we could catch up to Accom 1993?

should note that i have this functionality on my Artist Color, Transport, XKeys, StreamDeck, Wacom and Twister already, so it's not that much use to me, if it appears on the mini it would be nice for when i freelance on one of those

To expand, I am also using 3rd party remapping and macro software. But without that, just much more customization keyboard short cuts and remapping.

For example if I want my mouse scroll to zoom a timeline.

It's not going to reduce hardware sales. Its likely to make the software more usable which leads to more hardware purchases.
Cheers,

Ian

Machine:
Custom Built Win10 Pro
Intel Core i9-7980X
128gb DDR4 3000
2 x TitanXp GPU
10GBE Nic

Ian Duncan

PostFri May 11, 2018 3:11 pm

Replace clip functionality beyond what already exists. F11

For example right click on a file, or clip, or other and choose replace. Then choose a file from a file browser.

Also replace clip functionality that exists in most other editors and compositors. Dragging a file from the media window onto the clip while holding some kind of modifier key.

I am constantly getting updated comps and i need to replace them and not have to use the clunky F11 replace clip functionality.
Cheers,

Ian

Machine:
Custom Built Win10 Pro
Intel Core i9-7980X
128gb DDR4 3000
2 x TitanXp GPU
10GBE Nic

Gary Hango

PostFri May 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Feather control of edges in the clip transform controls.
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700, 3.40GHz, 32.0 GB
MB: MSI, BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. A.60, 12/17/2015
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960, 2Gb
Resolve 18.1.1.0007(Free)

Valdo Rochas

PostFri May 11, 2018 5:39 pm

Put everything from Fusion into it
and make "Ultimate" all in one version of Davinci Resolve , along with other versions you have already

Christian Lessner

PostFri May 11, 2018 8:50 pm

Feature request: Show current clip without speed changes

Similar to "Show current clip with handles". It would be helpful to properly track clips that have extreme speed changes but need to be rendered as individual source clips in the end.
Resolve Studio 18.1.3 | Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
Intel i9-10980XE | RTX 3090 (528.49 SD) | 64 GB RAM | Mini Monitor 4K (12.4.2) | Mini Panel

georgekg

PostFri May 11, 2018 11:08 pm

Jim Simon wrote:Version 15 still automatically deselects Render Queue jobs when new jobs are added. I'd love for them to remain selected until that job is finished, manually deselected, or manually deleted.

So if I add three jobs in a row, then hit Render, all three jobs will be rendered.

+1

and a few ones:

- separate render window/app/or whatever BMD will calling it, will be usefull. With powerfull enough machine, I can start render project(s) and go back to start/finish another project while render is in progress. I'm doing this all the time in Premiere - edit while Media encoder do the render, without wasting the time to wait for render to finish. But, because of Resolve's philosophy to put few apps in the same "house" solution may be an option to Deliver page can be independent, so I can go back and start new project while rendering is in progress in Deliver page.
- less aggressive and much precise snapping (when snapping is selected) in edit page, especially when timeline is zoomed out
- some kind of indicator of timeline in edit page so I could know where I'm with the edit in the timeline. Or small window with some representation of whole timeline and position of the playhead like Premiere 6.5 (in old days) had. When I have large (long) timeline, I must always look at the time in the window which is disstractive. Graphical representation takes less time to see where I am right now in the timeline than looking at the time or timecode.
adobe_premiere65_scr.jpg
adobe_premiere65_scr.jpg (63.46 KiB) Viewed 11524 times

- right now I'm in Resolve 14 and if clips are not selected, "alt+t" does nothing. If "selection follows playhead" is selected, only one clip is automatically selected and "alt+t" puts default transition on both sides of that (selected) clip, and that is totally unusefull. I don't need transition at the beggining and at the end of the one clip. I need transiotion at the cut, between two clips. Premiere have much better solution - with "ctrl+d" it puts default transition between clips when playhead is near enough to the cut, even when timeline playback is in progress. Resolve should implement the same or something similar, because it is very good and timesaving solution.
- playhead should move along with the clip, i.e. to stay at the same position relative to the clip (and not relative to time, like it does now) when I do ripple delete. Of course, when playhead is at the right side of the gap. When it is at the left side of the gap it won't move, because left side is not moving when I do ripple delete :)
- option to resize preview window in Edit page, because sometimes I need it bigger than program window and sometime I need it smaller.
25 years in editing. On DR since v14

ASRock Steel Legend Z790
i7 13700k
64GB DDR5 5200
NVIDIA RTX 3090 24GB
Work: Firecuda 530 Star Wars Mandalorian 2TB
Cache: Firecuda 530 Star Wars Mandalorian 1TB
Render: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD

Peter Benson

PostSat May 12, 2018 12:42 am

Ian Duncan wrote:For example if I want my mouse scroll to zoom a timeline.

Are we to undersrand you're requesting a macro that essentially duplicates Resolve's current Timeline Zoom In/Out feature, via the Option/Alt + mouse scroll wheel shortcut?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

danielstonehouse

PostMon May 14, 2018 2:22 am

Christian Lessner wrote:Feature request: Show current clip without speed changes

Similar to "Show current clip with handles". It would be helpful to properly track clips that have extreme speed changes but need to be rendered as individual source clips in the end.

+1

How about “show current clip without sizing” while we are at it

Or all three variables (handles, speed changes, sizing) could be combined into “show as source with handles”

Shift up + show handles on the panel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

PostWed May 16, 2018 6:40 pm

Shape, tracking, the ability to use the inside OR the outside of the shape for tracking.

Two examples: of i do a gradient in the sky, from top to bottom, often there is nothing to track in the sky.

If i draw a shape in a live tv, i need to track the outside room, not the content of the tv.
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

Dermot Shane

PostWed May 16, 2018 8:21 pm

i move the window to what can be tracked (trees on the horizion)
then move it back and resize to what i want to change (sky)
same with the tv, track the edge, then move/resize the window, usualy i don't want more than the edge of the mon, tracking something with different z depth is problematic

i'm sure Walter is aware of these workarounds, really mentioned them in case others can put them in their tool box

haveing fusion mattes routed to the color page would go along way towards sorting these issues

Jim Simon

PostWed May 16, 2018 11:57 pm

Valdo Rochas wrote:Put everything from Fusion into it

What's missing?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Richard Dean

PostThu May 17, 2018 4:49 am

Request - Stripe new audio - replace track on previously output file.

After outputting a QT which took time to render, it would be great if you could replace just the audio track or subtitle track. I know the Old quicktime Pro could do this but it would be nice if Resolve was able.

waltervolpatto

PostThu May 17, 2018 6:03 am

Dermot Shane wrote:i move the window to what can be tracked (trees on the horizion)
then move it back and resize to what i want to change (sky)
same with the tv, track the edge, then move/resize the window, usualy i don't want more than the edge of the mon, tracking something with different z depth is problematic

i'm sure Walter is aware of these workarounds, really mentioned them in case others can put them in their tool box

haveing fusion mattes routed to the color page would go along way towards sorting these issues

yes I'm aware, but it is a workaround..
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled

waltervolpatto

PostThu May 17, 2018 6:05 am

the ability to create a compound node EVEN IF you have only one node selected.

I prefer to work with a predefined node structure, and if I select two nodes to make a compound one (to make some difficult things inside) I will break the structure. and besides, why not?

Andreas Schwarz

PostThu May 17, 2018 6:39 am

I would like to have a better dual screen layout on the Fusion page...

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostThu May 17, 2018 11:28 am

Andreas Schwarz wrote:I would like to have a better dual screen layout on the Fusion page...

Cool, please pm to me how you would like it layed out. I’m happy to hear suggestions
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Ian Duncan

PostThu May 17, 2018 7:40 pm

Support Smart Codec Rendering of DNX and Cineform. This feature crushes in premiere for finishing.

So we can pick up where renders left off or crashed and do drop ins without re rendering entire sequences.
Cheers,

Ian

Machine:
Custom Built Win10 Pro
Intel Core i9-7980X
128gb DDR4 3000
2 x TitanXp GPU
10GBE Nic

Trevor Asquerthian

PostThu May 17, 2018 7:58 pm

The ability to ‘insert edit’ video and or seperate audio tracks into an MXF file would be very cool. Cinedeck do it and Avid have a limited version.

steve oakley

PostThu May 17, 2018 9:31 pm

+1 and ability to replace audio tracks which was in previous post. FWIW, a couple months ago I had clips with audio that needed some TLC - noise reduction, leveling as sound guy was, um, a foul up. It was easy enough to process the audio in any number of apps, but to replace the fixed sound back into the original clips ?

any number of apps couldn't do it. in the end, I brought the fixed audio + original media into resolve, synced the new audio up, removed the old audio and then did a render to individual clips. this worked because R kept clip metadata like original TC in tact. THANK YOU GUYS FOR THAT !

so yes my grading app is now my audio fix it utiliity app !

S

Trevor Asquerthian wrote:The ability to ‘insert edit’ video and or seperate audio tracks into an MXF file would be very cool. Cinedeck do it and Avid have a limited version.
S
4K 27Dell
MiniPanel via enet
Wacom XL Pro

Andrzej

PostFri May 18, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi everyone,
Thank you for such a great upgrade that make me think to switch to Resolve for my video jobs. However, three things come to my mind right away:
1. MUlTI CAMERA sound syncing. Especially when you have many shots from many cameras and you need them to sync all at once. AP for instance creates many sequences alphabetically.
2. COLOR MARKING of DUPLICATED frames on a timeline. Something like old FCP used to have or AP.
3. PNG image seq export.

GuyMannerings

PostFri May 18, 2018 5:09 pm

I would love some way to have an icon show on the thumbnail of a piece of media if that piece of media has been used in a timeline in the project (and even an option to show the icon only for the currently active timeline). Let's call it a the "used icon".

So, the options would be:-

Display used icon when used in current timeline.
Display used icon when used in any timeline in current project.
Do not display used icon.

I know I can flag media manually, but the problem with that is then it displays flags all over my timeline, which is distracting. Also, the amount of time this takes really adds up over 600 clips or so when covering an event.
Resolve Studio 18.1.3 Build 8
Windows 10 (Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045)
Lenovo Legion 5 Pro laptop
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
Nvidia RTX 3700 8GB (Driver Version 30.0.15.1236)
32GB RAM
2 x WD Black SN750 2TB SSDs, one with Resolve + Cache, other with Edit media

johnford

PostSat May 19, 2018 12:45 am

Possibility to transform all clip markers of clips in a given timeline into timeline markers (or else, possibility to export all markers of a given timeline, including clip markers).

johnford

PostSat May 19, 2018 1:05 am

Possibility to make new clips out of clips linked with subtitles (presently, dragging a linked subtitled clip looses the subtitles).

Dylan Evans

PostSat May 19, 2018 1:27 pm

I have been hoping for a custom filename output for stills for a long time, or at least a 'don't overwrite existing files' option for stills export.

Peter Benson

PostSat May 19, 2018 10:39 pm

After a clip marker is created, users ought to be able to drag it left-to-right and see in real-time, the marker position update -- during the dragging operation (both, in terms of source time code by default, and optionally, by the source frame number).

The current scenario in Resolve Studio 14.3 is counter-intuitive, forcing users to grope in the dark for workarounds, like employing the play bar and "bug-prone" timecode overlay before knowingly parking the clip marker where we want.

RS 14.3.0.014 | MiniMonitor | DTV 10.9.7 | Win64 8.1 | ASUS ROG G751JL, Intel i7HQ, 24GB, 1TB HDD, 500GB EVO 850 SSD, GTX965M | Mackie MCU Pro | Softube Console 1 | Shuttle Pro 2

johnford

PostMon May 21, 2018 2:28 pm

Allow manual sync of more than one audio clip to a given video clip.

Seth Goldin

PostMon May 21, 2018 9:48 pm

"Expand all" and "collapse all" functions for the left panel of the Media Pool.
https://www.sethgoldin.com

Ian Duncan

PostTue May 22, 2018 7:09 pm

The node window should have the name of the group in it. If the shot is in a group.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (15.2 KiB) Viewed 11006 times
Cheers,

Ian

Machine:
Custom Built Win10 Pro
Intel Core i9-7980X
128gb DDR4 3000
2 x TitanXp GPU
10GBE Nic

waltervolpatto

PostWed May 23, 2018 5:09 am

clip menu should be visible and accessible when lightbox mode is on. (Color page)

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostWed May 23, 2018 5:16 am

waltervolpatto wrote:clip menu should be visible and accessible when lightbox mode is on. (Color page)

if i understand your request.. the clips and lightbox are different representations of the same.. difficult to put on two monitors.. but.. in v15 you can select live timeline gallery view.. so use that in dual monitor mode with the same timeline set as you are grading on.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

waltervolpatto

PostWed May 23, 2018 1:13 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:
waltervolpatto wrote:clip menu should be visible and accessible when lightbox mode is on. (Color page)

if i understand your request.. the clips and lightbox are different representations of the same.. difficult to put on two monitors.. but.. in v15 you can select live timeline gallery view.. so use that in dual monitor mode with the same timeline set as you are grading on.

No, the clip menu where you can select "show me unbranded clips" or shoe me group ### or show me smart filter "banana".

I don't need the thumbnails, but the ability to search abs display. Now i have to exit the lightbox, select From the clip menu, go back in the lightbox

johnford

PostSun May 27, 2018 11:23 am

Implement "merged" instead of "linked" clips, like in Premiere. "Merged" clips have the audio channels fully integrated and behave like "real" clips in all situations.
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve