Medical Imaging

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Simon_Snm

Medical Imaging

PostSun May 06, 2018 1:40 am

Hello Everyone, I'm completely new to this world of video and audio at HD level, so here is a very naive question that I have:

I'm trying to connect a medical Toshiba device (fluoroscope), called Kalare, its a radiography machine wish presents also fluoroscope videos on monochrome monitors via SDI cable. I also have an Ultrastudio Mini-Recorder connected to mi Mac via Thunderbolt, wish works perfect with a Sony Alpha Camera. The thing is that a wanted to capture the fluoroscopic images from my patients by using the Blackmagic Device connected to the cable that goes to the monochrome monitor via SDI, and I'm just getting a green screen using OBS software. ¿Whats the problem here? ¿Is it a "codec thing"? for me the video from the fluoroscope seems very basic in terms or resolution (runs on 30fps), and is an old radiography machine...

Any comment might help.

Thanks !!!

Simon.

Kristian Lam

Blackmagic Design

Re: Medical Imaging

PostSun May 06, 2018 6:29 am

Might be worth trying to see what comes in via the provided Media Express application, just to rule out any configuration issues with OBS?

Simon_Snm

Re: Medical Imaging

PostThu May 10, 2018 8:52 pm

Kristian Lam wrote:Might be worth trying to see what comes in via the provided Media Express application, just to rule out any configuration issues with OBS?

Thanks for your answer. Today I've tried the same setting using Media Express and the screen goes black. No changes in media format but NTSC 720x486i 59.94 came to the setting kind of automatically (i don't remember when it changed) :roll:

Anyway, the monitors are this https://fccid.io/TTK-MDL1908A

might there be some kind of decoding at the monitor that the BM mini-recorder is not able to? Any ideas?

Thanks for your time!

Return to Getting Started