Premiere effects not imported to Resolve

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

vellamo

Premiere effects not imported to Resolve

PostThu May 17, 2018 12:59 pm

I work with a project that requires multiple video layers, and I have a lot of nested sequences (and nested nested sequences). Importing timeline to resolve with a XML file works for the most part. BUT when working with a clip that has been nested twice, (for me to warp stabilize it and do a speed ramp) it for some reason freezes the first frame of the clip. When I tried to see if my other clips were freezed, I noticed that all the clips I had nested didn't have any effects in them.

Why is this and is it fixable by any means? This really is a trouble for me.

Tom Early

Re: Premiere effects not imported to Resolve

PostThu May 17, 2018 2:14 pm

the answers are in the manual
MBP2021 M1 Max 64GB, macOS 14.4, Resolve Studio 18.6.6 build 7
Output: UltraStudio 4K Mini, Desktop Video 12.7

Paul Willis

Re: Premiere effects not imported to Resolve

PostFri May 18, 2018 1:55 pm

Effects will not be carried from one piece of software to another, only basic transforms such as position and scale will come across and even then there may be some problems. Speed changes can sometimes be problematic too, especially if you've been nesting sequences.

For speed changes you may be safest exporting separate clips from Premiere to 'bake in' those changes, then import these clips into resolve manually and cut them into your grading timeline.

Following grading you should be able to use the Premiere XML preset to round trip your timeline back into Premiere where your effects will be added back onto graded clips.
www.chief.tv
www.paulwilliscolour.com

AMD Threadripper 3970X 32-Core
RTX 3090 24GB
128GB RAM
Windows 11

Return to DaVinci Resolve