Resolve window won't show up??

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

nhuphuong422

Resolve window won't show up??

PostThu May 17, 2018 3:17 am

I run Davinci Resolve 12.5 on a Macbook pro 2015 with an external monitor plugged in hdmi.

I've been color grading a project for the past 2 weeks, but this morning when I clicked on resolve icon, the download page with the davinci logo in powder show up but then nothing.... there's a little dot under davinci icon in the dock, like if the app was running, but I don't see any window anywhere. First I taught that the opening page was hidden on the external monitor, but even when I unplug it and I restart the application or the computer it's still hidden.

I've tried to make any update on my mac, or to uninstall davinci and re-install it but it doest'nt change anything ...

Marc Wielage

Re: Resolve window won't show up??

PostFri May 18, 2018 3:22 am

What happens if you try to launch Resolve directly from the Applications folder?

Whatever you do, assuming you get the project up and running, be sure to back it up by exporting a DRP file. This can help you in the event of disaster (particularly if the computer or OS are malfunctioning).
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Peter Benson

Re: Resolve window won't show up??

PostFri May 18, 2018 2:17 pm

Marc Wielage wrote:...Whatever you do, assuming you get the project up and running, be sure to back it up by exporting a DRP file. This can help you in the event of disaster (particularly if the computer or OS are malfunctioning).

+100 for Marc's all-important tip, as doing so just recently saved my bacon.

From Resolve's initially-presented Project Manager (also presented after you click the Project Manager "Home" icon in the lower-right corner within any of Resolve's pages):
1a. Right-click on the Project,
Select "Export" or...

If your project contains Stills you've created and or LUTs, this Project Manager also gives you the ability to choose the more comprehensive project backup instead:
1b. Select "Export with Stills and LUTS" then...
2. Save the DaVinci Resolve Project File (.drp) where you wish through use of your system's browser that is now presented.

~~~

RS 14.3.0.014 | MiniMonitor | DTV 10.9.7 | Win64 8.1 | ASUS ROG G751JL, Intel i7HQ, 24GB, 1TB HDD, 500GB EVO 850 SSD, GTX965M | Mackie MCU Pro | Softube Console 1 | Shuttle Pro 2
DTV 10.9.7 > Kingston SD5000T > MiniMonitor > Bravia | Samsung U28D590 | DRS 14.3.0.014 | Win8.1 x64 | ASUS G751JL, i7-4720HQ, 24GB | GTX965M | 1TB HDD, 500GB EVO 850 SSD | MCU Pro | Softube Console 1 Mkii | Shuttle Pro 2

Return to DaVinci Resolve