Search results including Timelines?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

BrandonFreeman

Search results including Timelines?

PostFri May 18, 2018 3:47 pm

As my projects get more complex I like to use the search function to quickly zero in on specific timelines. Is there a way to get the search window results to include timelines? It's odd to me that it only brings up clips and am not finding a place to change that.

Hector Berrebi

Re: Search results including Timelines?

PostSun May 20, 2018 4:47 am

BrandonFreeman wrote:As my projects get more complex I like to use the search function to quickly zero in on specific timelines. Is there a way to get the search window results to include timelines? It's odd to me that it only brings up clips and am not finding a place to change that.

Hi Brandon

Are you referring to the search option in the bin window? It does show Timelines.

You can also create a new Smart Bin that only shows timelines in your project. Very useful in big complex projects
H e c t o r _ B e r r e b i
---------------------------
Colorist ~ Consultant ~ Trainer
Da Vinci Resolve Certified Instructor

Reynaud Venter

Re: Search results including Timelines?

PostSun May 20, 2018 6:11 am

There is a Timelines Bin option - discussed on Page 81 of the Manual.

“Use Timelines Bin: This option is only available to be changed before you add clips to the Media Pool; after you’ve added clips, it’s no longer available. Turning Use Timelines Bin on creates a dedicated Timelines bin in the Media Pool, at the top of the Bin List. When enabled, the Timelines bin contains all timelines in a project, and you’re prevented from putting timelines into any other bin in the Media Pool. Whenever you create or import a new timeline, it automatically appears in the Timelines bin. You can add subfolders to the Timelines bin for more specific organization.”

Return to DaVinci Resolve