Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

hos SplitEXR script not working

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

daniel.partzsch

hos SplitEXR script not working

PostThu May 17, 2018 9:18 am

Hey. I've installed the SplitEXR plugin from Reactor but I can't get it to work. I select the loader with the exr file and run the script but it's not doing anything. Can anyone help please? Thank you!

SvenNeve

Re: hos SplitEXR script not working

PostFri May 18, 2018 1:22 pm

Are you using ultra or the one I wrote?
If you use mine, try using the ultra version from Reactor, maybe that one works.

I'm having a hard time debugging Fusion 8 and 9 as they seem to behave different on all workstations we have (a reason why we still are on 7.)

visit my personal site : http://www.svenneve.com
visit my company site : http://www.houseofsecrets.nl

Andrew Hazelden

PostFri May 18, 2018 2:56 pm

daniel.partzsch wrote:I select the loader with the exr file and run the script but it's not doing anything.

Hi Daniel.

Are you running Fusion 9.02?

Before you run the script, does your EXR image load sucessfully in the Fusion viewer window without showing any errors in the Fusion Console tab?

Are you running the "hos SplitEXR Ultra" script via a Comp script or Tool script approach? What output is shown in the Console when the script it run? Does the script's AskUser dialog appear?

Would you be willing to post a screenshot of the Loader node's Format tab to show the active channels that are present in the EXR image? What tool was used to create the EXR image? Are there any exotic EXR image compression formats in use?
Last edited by Andrew Hazelden on Fri May 18, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Studio M2 Ultra / Threadripper 3990X | Fusion Studio 18.6.4 | Kartaverse 6

Andrew Hazelden

PostFri May 18, 2018 3:02 pm

SvenNeve wrote:I'm having a hard time debugging Fusion 8 and 9 as they seem to behave different on all workstations we have (a reason why we still are on 7.)

Hi Sven.

If you have any specific Lua script elements that are giving you a hard time with migrating your pipeline tools from Fusion 7 to Fusion 9/Resolve 15 I'd be happy to look them over and provide some tips to make them work again. :)

daniel.partzsch

PostSat May 19, 2018 6:47 am

I am on 9.02 Studio and using the version from reactor (ultra). The loader doesn't give me any errors. The weird thing is, in one comp it actually worked but when I copied and / or imported the exact same footage in a new comp it didn't work anymore. Really weird behavior, especially also even when it worked I always have to zoom the flow view in and out and rectangle select the new splitted invisible nodes before they actually get visible in the flow view. I didn't check the console yet but can do this when I am back at work.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

daniel.partzsch

PostTue May 22, 2018 7:57 am

That's the message I get in the console:

"...usion\Reactor\Deploy\Scripts\Comp\hos_SplitEXR_Ultra.lua:326: attempt to index local 'flow' (a nil value)"
Last edited by daniel.partzsch on Tue May 22, 2018 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew Hazelden

PostTue May 22, 2018 7:58 am

daniel.partzsch wrote:That's the message I get in teh consol:

"...usion\Reactor\Deploy\Scripts\Comp\hos_SplitEXR_Ultra.lua:326: attempt to index local 'flow' (a nil value)"

As a random question, are you using a dual monitor layout for Fusion with the flow on a 2nd display?

daniel.partzsch

PostTue May 22, 2018 8:56 am

Andrew Hazelden wrote:

As a random question, are you using a dual monitor layout for Fusion with the flow on a 2nd display?
Yes. Is that causing the problem?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Andrew Hazelden

PostTue May 22, 2018 8:58 am

daniel.partzsch wrote:
Andrew Hazelden wrote:

Yes. Is that causing the problem?

That is my best guess at this point. Can you try switching to a layout with the flow on the main monitor and see if that shows a different outcome.

daniel.partzsch

PostTue May 22, 2018 11:09 am

tried it and it seems to work like this. do you think this could be fixed in the script? thank you!

Andrew Hazelden

PostTue May 22, 2018 12:57 pm

daniel.partzsch wrote:tried it and it seems to work like this. do you think this could be fixed in the script? thank you!

Hi Daniel.

I haven't experience this issue before so I'd need to do some troubleshooting on a multi-monitor Fusion set up to narrow do the options for fixing the problem.

If Fusion is simply using a different internal name for the Flow area's window pointer variable when it is placed on a detached floating window, then potentially a check for a nil variable for the local variable "flow" could be used to get the hos SplitEXR Ultra script to start searching for other Flow window tabs to use for placing the nodes.

I will have to get back to you on this. :)

daniel.partzsch

PostTue May 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Andrew Hazelden wrote:
daniel.partzsch wrote:tried it and it seems to work like this. do you think this could be fixed in the script? thank you!

Hi Daniel.

I haven't experience this issue before so I'd need to do some troubleshooting on a multi-monitor Fusion set up to narrow do the options for fixing the problem.

If Fusion is simply using a different internal name for the Flow area's window pointer variable when it is placed on a detached floating window, then potentially a check for a nil variable for the local variable "flow" could be used to get the hos SplitEXR Ultra script to start searching for other Flow window tabs to use for placing the nodes.

I will have to get back to you on this. :)

great. thanks for that. great script anyways, super helpful!

Return to Fusion