Multicam sound sync multiple shots problem

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Andrzej

Multicam sound sync multiple shots problem

PostThu May 17, 2018 10:23 am

Hi,
I experience problem when I want to sync many shots per each camera based on sound. I am getting shots vertically stacked instead of sequentially. See attachment 1 (blue and purple colors represent different cameras). I tried to number cameras in metadata, but it didn't help. I get shots from those cameras on top each other instead of sequentially. Or, shots from cameras are placed out of sync completely like in attachment example 2 (green, purple and blue represent different cameras). Those were rather easy clips for sound syncing.
[img]
multicamera%20problem.PNG
[/img]
multicamera problem.PNG
multicam problem stacking clips on top each other
multicamera problem.PNG (35.1 KiB) Viewed 587 times
Attachments
multicamera sound sync problem.PNG
3 cameras sound sync no syncing
multicamera sound sync problem.PNG (81.46 KiB) Viewed 577 times

Thomass

Re: Multicam sound sync multiple shots problem

PostFri May 25, 2018 8:43 pm

Hi Andrzej,
I got exactly the same issue. The Multicam sync does sync maybe two clips but not more. And every clip from the same camera is somewhere randomly ontop each other. I couldn't solve it yet and have to sync manually. Does anybody has a solution for this?
Help is very much appreciated!
Thanks!
Thomas

Uli Plank

PostMon May 28, 2018 1:09 am

Yes, but not from BM: get PluralEyes, there is time-limited demo.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Andrzej

PostMon May 28, 2018 10:51 am

Thanks. However, I just tried another option with a new project and it worked for this particular project. (maybe because it had only 2 main cameras with only one clip). I had 3 cameras shoot and 2 of them I was able to set TC to "Free Run'. Then in metadata tab in Resolve I named cameras 1,2,3 and did synced based on sound with 'detect clips from the same cameras, detect using camera #' option selected. Clips where synced properly. I will post my experience with my next project where I will have more clips per camera.

Return to DaVinci Resolve