Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Rays in Fusion 9

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

ReinaDelSur

Rays in Fusion 9

PostWed Jun 06, 2018 11:45 pm

Hey you guys,

I'm picking up Fusion after some inactivity (I dabbled a few years back, when it was still Eyeon's), and I can find the Rays tool in the Effects menu, but it constantly fails (says the Console) and I can't seem to locate it in the Fusion Tool Manual (thank you BM Design for AT LAST publishing a tool-by-tool documentation!)

Can anybody help me with that tool: has it been discontinued (and they forgot to remove it from the menu) or am I doing something (very) wrong, that is why it won't work...?

Thanks a bunch!

Ari ;o)

Bryan Ray

Re: Rays in Fusion 9

PostThu Jun 07, 2018 1:00 am

Rays is an OpenCL only tool. Make sure your GPU is being recognized as an OpenCL device in File > Preferences > Global and Default Settings > OpenCL.

In the Status panel you should see your GPU if it's working properly. If you don't see anything there, you may need to update your graphics driver or install an OpenCL driver for your CPU.

If everything in the OCL configuration seems to be working properly, then we'll need more data. The tool works perfectly for me, although I have seen it cause frequent crashes on another, apparently identical, workstation.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

ReinaDelSur

Re: Rays in Fusion 9

PostThu Jun 07, 2018 9:59 pm

Hey Bryan,

Thanks for the heads-up about Open CL. That solved my problem nicely and niftily :))

Have a good one!

Ari ;o)

Return to Fusion