Micro converter SDI to HDMI problem

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Babs J

Micro converter SDI to HDMI problem

PostWed Jun 13, 2018 11:31 pm

I am trying to display information on a raspberry Pi 3 on an ATEM using BMD HDMI to SDI micro converter.
I am not getting any pictures out when I connect Raspberry Pi 3 to BMD micro converter.
I can get the raspberry's pictures when connected directly to a TV, and can get SDI out when the converter is fed from my Mac book or sky box.
Any suggestion is welcomed
Ravensbourne: Broadcast Systems Technology; ATEM 1ME 4K, HyperDeck 12G, SmartScope, BirdDog Play 4K NDI Decoder, Web Presenter HD, DJI RSC 2 Pro Combo, Middle Remote. LattePanda Alpha 864 with DeckLink micro SDI Zoom, Apple TV 3rd Gen. for wireless GFX.

Andrew Martin

Re: Micro converter SDI to HDMI problem

PostSat Jun 16, 2018 7:05 pm

Which Atem, and what project setting ?

You'll need to match the Pi's hdmi output to the Atem
by editing the raspi-config.txt file in the Pi's root folder.

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 3:24 pm

Also make sure the Raspberry Pi doesn't output 60 Hz as that won't work on the SDI inputs of most ATEMS.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Babs J

PostSun May 17, 2020 12:33 pm

Gary Adams wrote:Also make sure the Raspberry Pi doesn't output 60 Hz as that won't work on the SDI inputs of most ATEMS.

Regards, Gary

Sorry for this very late reply Gary.
I know it's been a while for this post but the benefit of other members who might encounter the similar problem, all I did was go into config and add the following

hdmi_group=1
hdmi_mode=31

These line are for 1080p50 output.

I also had to comment out the default line, I can't remember exactly what it was.
Ravensbourne: Broadcast Systems Technology; ATEM 1ME 4K, HyperDeck 12G, SmartScope, BirdDog Play 4K NDI Decoder, Web Presenter HD, DJI RSC 2 Pro Combo, Middle Remote. LattePanda Alpha 864 with DeckLink micro SDI Zoom, Apple TV 3rd Gen. for wireless GFX.

Return to Getting Started