UltraStudio HD Mini

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

dave@nakedeyedv.com

UltraStudio HD Mini

PostWed Jun 13, 2018 5:53 am

Does anyone know if this device supports simultaneous capture & playback. I need an SDI input to vMix then add some overlay graphics and the go out via SDI for the external output to a projector.
Regards
Dave.

dave@nakedeyedv.com

Re: UltraStudio HD Mini

PostFri Jun 15, 2018 1:36 am

I guess I really want to know if this is full duplex both in and out simultaneously. Like Decklink Duo2 for example.
Cheers

Dave Del Vecchio

PostSat Jun 16, 2018 12:34 am

On the DeckLink Duo 2, each of the connectors are independently assignable as input or output channels. So you could configure the card to have 4 inputs, or 4 outputs, or a 3/1 or 2/2 split of input and output channels.

The UltraStudio HD Mini doesn't work the same way, it has dedicated input and output connectors. So the input connector always receives the input video. The output connectors can either be configured to output the input video signal (loop through) or they can output the playback video signal (video that is coming from the connected computer). In the latter case the output signal may be different from the input. This setting is configurable through the Desktop Video setup utility.

Also keep in mind that the A and B outputs on the UltraStudio HD Mini are not independent. In most cases both connectors will output an identical video signal. The exception is if the device is being used in external keying mode, then the connector A will output the fill signal and connector B will output the key signal (for use with a video switcher).

dave@nakedeyedv.com

PostSun Jun 17, 2018 9:28 am

Thanks for your response! Perhaps the Duo2 was a poor example. What I would like to know is can the HD mini simultaneously have input and output video playing at the same time. I want to stream video into vmix via SDI on the mini and add fx and then send straight back out to a projector. Live mix that is. Surely this is a simple question is the HD mini capable of simultaneous I/O not just loop through.

Cheers!

dwijadas

PostWed Nov 28, 2018 3:32 am

Hi,

Did you get your setup done ? I want something similar. not sure what kind of setup is region. Your reply is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Andrew Martin

PostSun Dec 02, 2018 2:04 pm

Usually the single channel ultra studios work in one of two ways, either
It's a capture card where the captured input is routed back out (ie loop through)
Or it's a playout device outputing from ur choosen software.
Very seldom will they do both consecutively.

The multichannel ultrastudio are of course the exception, as each channel can be configured as input or output.

Return to Live Production