DeckLink SDI Micro Miniature M.2 card length

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Ian Morrish

DeckLink SDI Micro Miniature M.2 card length

PostFri May 18, 2018 5:37 am

Anyone know if the end of this card (short bit after the mounting screw that looks to just have test pins on it), can be chopped off?
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/decklink/techspecs/W-DLK-35
Doesn't look the card will fit into an Intel NUC NUC7i5BNH case with the extra bit on the end.
Regards,
Ian Morrish
Video Integrated Scripting Environment
(Windows PowerShell with ATEM driver + more)
https://ianmorrish.wordpress.com

Dave Del Vecchio

Re: DeckLink SDI Micro Miniature M.2 card length

PostThu Jul 12, 2018 6:19 am

The Intel NUC7i5BNH accepts 22x80 format M.2 cards, since the DeckLink SDI Micro is 80mm in length, I don't see why it wouldn't fit. The hole in the card is at the 60mm mark. According to the specifications, the card is compatible with M.2 22x60 slots, so I assume that last section must be removable, otherwise I'm not sure how it would fit in a 60mm space.

Having said all that, anyone know where you can actually buy these cards? I haven't seen them for sale anywhere.

Xtreemtec

PostFri Jul 13, 2018 10:28 am

Moooaaahhhh. on 1 end I would say no.. Because there are traces going down to that piece of board.. These testpoints are connected to something right...

But on the other end.. They removed the copper upper layer in a line and made big hole.. (not via's) on that same line what would imply you can break it along that line... What does the manual say?
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Dave Del Vecchio

PostMon Jul 16, 2018 10:37 pm

The Desktop Video manual doesn't seem to acknowledge the existence of the DeckLink SDI Micro card.

Support for the card was apparently added in Desktop Video version 10.10 back in May, but otherwise there doesn't seem to be a ton of information about it. It doesn't even seem like Blackmagic had a press release for the card when they added it to the website in May, which is a little unusual as usually they do press releases for most of their new products.

Return to Getting Started