Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

VR PanoMap New "From" Request

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Cequinel

VR PanoMap New "From" Request

PostSun Aug 05, 2018 2:26 am

Hello, guys!
I'm a VFX Supervisor at Beenoculus, a VR Production Company in Brazil.
I developed a solution for our VR workflow on After Effects: basically, we shot on Black Magic Mini Ursa Pro using a 8mm lens, on AE we use the VR Converter plugin to "simulate" our plate as a Full Dome shot, then convert him to LatLong (equirectangular).

I would like to transfer this from AE workflow for Fusion but on Fusion PanoMap Node I can't to "simulate" the Full Dome Input. He didn't have a option for "From" to get a Full Dome input.
It´s just this: a "From" input as FULL DOME (like AE), and "To" output as LatLong (Equirectangular 2:1).
I need this option on PanoMap node to transfer my workflow to Fusion.

Please, see the example attached to clarify.

Thanks.

Luciano Cequinel
VFX Supervisor
Beenoculus Tech
Attachments
Example.jpg
Example.jpg (243.67 KiB) Viewed 1090 times

Chad Capeland

Re: VR PanoMap New "From" Request

PostTue Aug 21, 2018 5:20 pm

You'll do better asking this on the Fusion subforum.

As to your request, there have been many (many) requests on VR formats in Fusion. General takeaway:

1) It's all in flux and a hardcoded addition of a new setting applied across every place Fusion would read it is not productive.

2) Ideally, the transform itself can be created and enumerated by the end users. So if you have a unique camera or lens or your viewing software uses a novel technique, you'd want to be able to handle that without anyone else getting involved. Much like how video codecs or LUTs work.

3) There are plenty of existing tools in Fusion to do what you want. Like CT or Cg Viewshaders or CustomShader3D or CustomVertex3D or Fuses or the SDK... There's a lot of options for you right now.

We do all of our work with CustomShader3D and CustomVertex3D. Those are also faster than PanoMap, too.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

zcream

Re: VR PanoMap New "From" Request

PostSun Oct 14, 2018 6:50 am

Hi Chad.
I am using Panomap to convert from equirectangular to Horizontal cross and vice versa.
My comp is crashing on both Windows and OSX. Could you kindly enumerate how this could be done via Customshader3D ?

Return to Fusion