ATEM Television Studio HD Pro Camera Issue

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

AnthoniJames1993

ATEM Television Studio HD Pro Camera Issue

PostWed Aug 08, 2018 4:45 pm

Hi Guys ,

At my venue we recently acquired a ATEM Tele Studio HDPro , this was to replace our old Roland LVS/MVS-12 System which we use for live camera feeds.

When I started up the ATEM and plugged in the existing cameras we had no input or output ? I've tried changing some sort of resolution on the desk but still no luck ? Am I right in thinking the cameras we currently have are too old for the ATEM to detect ?

The only bits of information I have on the cameras are the following -
EverFocus - EPTZ100 .. 520 TVL

We also did recently aquire - Anbvision Auto Tracking 960H 30x Zoom 1200TVL PTZ (Still couldn't seem to get it working)

Im not very clued up on ATEM or comparability , the Atem was simply just given to us as a replacement with no thought of camera compatibility.

Any help would be really grateful and any more information needed just ask ... Unsure what else to include on this email.

Thanks Guys,
Ant

Adam Grunseth

Re: ATEM Television Studio HD Pro Camera Issue

PostWed Aug 08, 2018 6:35 pm

The Roland LVS/MVS-12 is a standard definition switcher with composite inputs. The ATEM Television studio is SDI/HDMI switcher.

If you simply connected the same cables from the cameras that fed your Roland switcher to the ATEM this won't work, as you would be connecting a composite video signal to an SDI device. You would have to use something like the Blackmagic Analog to SDI mini converter to make this work.

Denny Smith

PostThu Aug 09, 2018 4:54 am

Yes, your old equipment is all analog, and the BM ATEM switcher is digital. You either need to upgrade to digital cameras or use analog to digital Converters.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

AnthoniJames1993

PostMon Aug 27, 2018 3:50 pm

Cheers guys ! Just went and bought a Mini Converter Analog to SDI ... However Im still having no luck with getting my cameras in the venue recognised on the ATEM. Im a massive noob with this stuff. We did recently acquire some PTZ Cameras that apparently are HD ? Would this make any difference , I tried connecting them up but still no help.

Ive looked at manuals but nothings is really making sense.

So How can I get this converter working ? Does the feed from my camera come from Y or NTSC/Pal or B-Y or SVideo or R-Y or VideoC

Any help would be amazing guys ! Cheers

Thomas Seewald

PostMon Aug 27, 2018 5:03 pm

Expect the brand new 4k vision mixer, all ATEMs has no scaler. So every source have to be set to the same resolution and framerate as the mixer - and vice versa. When you want to connect SD cameras - I think the cameras are - , the mixer also has to be set to SD.

In this case, you have to connect the camera out to „Pal/NTSC“ input and maybe set some DIP-switsches the the converter box. At converter out, you should get an SDI signal.
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

Return to Live Production