Signal not passing thru Universal Videohub

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

John Saunders

Signal not passing thru Universal Videohub

PostWed Aug 08, 2018 2:25 am

I am redoing a small studio and have run into a weird issue.

The studio already had a 72x72 videohub that we are reusing and we added a BM television studio pro for the switcher.

The weird thing is, no matter what I try, I can not get the MV SDI out of the switcher to pass thru the router. I have tried different ports, different cards, different standards, different resolutions and multiple reboots of everything. If I unplug the cable from the router and plug it into a monitor I can see the MV, the same is true if I barrel the sdi at the router to a QC monitor.

I also had this same issue with a BM 16ch MV but after doing a bunch of restarts and changes I reseated the xpoint card that seemed to get it working.

My thinking is that there is something funky about the signal that the router doesn't like or the router xpoint card is going bad. I maybe able to swap the xpoint card with a borrowed one tomorrow (and also hook up an analyzer) but after beating my head against the wall for hours I wanted to see if anyone has had this issue and if there are any solutions.

Thanks!
John Saunders

MambaFiber.com

Re: Signal not passing thru Universal Videohub

PostWed Aug 08, 2018 2:28 pm

I have no issues passing the ATEM MV thru my 72x72 VideoHub. We have used the 2M/E, 1M/E4k and 4M/E4k MV thru this system. Unless this is a Broadcast Studio with MV set to 4K I don't see why it shouldn't be passing through the video hub.
Greg Bellotte - owner
MambaFiber.com
FaceBook.com/MambaFiber

John Saunders

Re: Signal not passing thru Universal Videohub

PostWed Aug 08, 2018 7:08 pm

So this turned out to be a combination of issues.

Looks like I have two bad ports on my router the port on the input was bad and the output port I was using my test monitor on was bad.

It also didn't help that when I plugged my portable monitor into the router I plugged it into an input not a outputs forgetting that the video hub outputs are on the top not the bottom :?
John Saunders

Return to Live Production