Is there a way I can get the Ursa Mini Pro financed?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Alex Garland

Is there a way I can get the Ursa Mini Pro financed?

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 5:41 pm

I can't buy it full price, unfortunately. Not because I don't have the money, but because an amount that high, I'd prefer to pay it slowly.

Does BM offer financing? Or maybe a store like B&H? (They don't have it).

Donnell Henry

Re: Is there a way I can get the Ursa Mini Pro financed?

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 6:32 pm

BM doesn’t offer financing. They don’t sell cameras directly to the customer. B&H as far as I can remember offers financing thru a 3rd party lender. If you’re getting jobs or about to shoot a film etc..finance it ..but you’ll end up paying over a thousand dollars extra if you finance. Just something to think about if you’re thinking about your finances. Good luck
GODS CREATE

Alex Garland

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 6:47 pm

Donnell Henry wrote:BM doesn’t offer financing. They don’t sell cameras directly to the customer. B&H as far as I can remember offers financing thru a 3rd party lender. If you’re getting jobs or about to shoot a film etc..finance it ..but you’ll end up paying over a thousand dollars extra if you finance. Just something to think about if you’re thinking about your finances. Good luck

Thanks!

I'm actually working as an editor Monday to Friday to pay the bills.

Regarding the extra dollars if I finance, couldn't that be avoided if someone offers 0% APR?

Denny Smith

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 6:48 pm

You can also just go to your bank and get a loan through them. This is how I bought my first camera.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Donnell Henry

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 6:54 pm

Even if your credit is great, these 3rd party lenders are out to make money so while you might get a lower APR than some people you’ll still pay interest on your purchase. 0% Apr usually applies to credit card purchases. For my first camera in relation to Denny ..I traded in gear at B&H that I wasn’t using. I then received an in store Credit. After which I used my tax refund to cover the difference.
Last edited by Donnell Henry on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GODS CREATE

Alex Garland

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 6:55 pm

Donnell Henry wrote:Even if your credit is great these 3rd party lenders are out to make money so while you might get a lower APR than some people you’ll still pay interest on your purchase. 0% Apr usually applies to credit card purchases. For my first camera I’m relation to Denny ..I traded in gear at B&H that I wasn’t using. I then received an in store Credit. After which I used my tax refund to cover the difference.

Oh, I forgot I can put the camera as a business expense.

Donnell Henry

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 6:56 pm

Absolutely..that’s how I get back more money in taxes
GODS CREATE

Jamie LeJeune

PostSat Aug 11, 2018 11:15 pm

One option I’ve used for 0% financing of equipment is to sign up for one of the 18 month no fee 0% credit card offers. Caveat is you have to pay it off in the 18 months because after that the APR is often crazy high.
www.cinedocs.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4601572/

Return to Cinematography