New pocket cinema camera pre-orders

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Joakley

New pocket cinema camera pre-orders

PostSat Aug 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Just wondering what advantages there were when pre-ordering.

I’ve fallen for the hype over the past few months or so and I plan on buying one. I’ve been looking forward to it. Part of me wanted to go ahead and pre-order. But is there any advantage? What kinds of guarantees are there, if any?

I know these things will probably be flying off the shelves...as the saying goes. Is there a chance that those who don’t per-order the camera probably won’t get it until well after the release?

The only things I’ve ever pre-ordered are albums from bands I like. And I got my tunes the same time as everybody else.

roger.magnusson

Re: New pocket cinema camera pre-orders

PostSun Aug 12, 2018 9:57 am

Pre-ordering the camera doesn't guarantee that you will have it on the day of the release, sorry.

Ryan Payne

PostSun Aug 12, 2018 1:31 pm

Most places will queue you up when you pre-order, so you'd be in queue to get one. Though in store stock is sometimes different to pre order stock so I've heard of people walking in store on product release and buying the product before preorders had even been mailed out.

Joakley

PostSun Aug 12, 2018 3:51 pm

Right on. That’s kind of what I figured. I guess I’ll wait as planned.

I think a pre-order is literally just paying for a product ahead of time. There is no advantage. Which makes you wonder what the point even is.

Return to Getting Started