Intensity Pro-CS6-No progressive output.

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Paul Willis

Intensity Pro-CS6-No progressive output.

PostTue Feb 26, 2013 2:57 pm

Hello,

I am currently setting up eight brand new MacPro systems to work with Premiere CS6, using 1080p25 monitoring via HDMI from the Intensity Pro. I have not been able to get any video output from HD progressive sequences, interlaced HD and SD sequences work properly.

The Intensity outputs 1080p sequences properly within Final Cut Pro 7 and After Effects. Audio is working out of the card within Premiere even when the video is not working. If the card is set to down convert HD progressive sequences and output via either HDMI or s-video, I run into the same problem.

I googled this issue and noticed that others have had similar problems when upgrading to the 9.7 drivers, so I've tried rolling back to to every driver down from 9.7 to 9.6 but this had not helped. I have tried using the Blackmagic sequence presets, but normally I need to be using the AVCHD 1080 25p presets (it's a little unhelpful that no 25p Blackmagic presets are provided, but I am sure this isn't the issue anyway). I am testing with colour bars generated within the project in Premiere.

I am very familiar with the Intensity cards and drivers as we've been using these for down-converted SD monitoring from FCP for the last few years. Sadly we can't switch over to our new systems to use Premiere until this has been resolved.

Could someone please advise?

Regards,
Paul

System Spec:
MacPro 5,1
2x 2.66 6-core Xeon
24GB Ram
ATI 5770
NVidia Quadro 4000

Mountain Lion 10.8.2
Premiere CS6 (6.0.2)
Video Desktop (9.7 - 9.6 tested)
www.chief.tv
www.paulwilliscolour.com

AMD Threadripper 3970X 32-Core
RTX 3090 24GB
128GB RAM
Windows 11

Paul Willis

Re: Intensity Pro-CS6-No progressive output.

PostWed Feb 27, 2013 12:11 pm

I am starting to realise how this works now, it's just not the same as Final Cut where I could specify progressive sequences with interlaced output monitoring.

I guess I can use 1080i presets instead and ensure I use progressive export settings if required. The systems are for students, so they're all going to go for what seems like the correct preset for the media (1080p), I will probably have to remove these sequence presets from Premiere to avoid monitoring problems.

The main issue now is that while I can monitor my sequence, any progressive footage I wish to scrub through in the source monitor (all cameras here shoot progressive...) can't be monitored out of the Intensity. This is totally unacceptable as a setup.

Still need help, sorry for rambling on here... just trying my best to fix!
www.chief.tv
www.paulwilliscolour.com

RTX 3090 24GB
128GB RAM
Windows 11

Janderman van den Berg

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 8:44 pm

Hello Filmshedpaul,
Same problem here. Also same setup. I'm in contact with BM Support but no results untill now.
Did you solve the problem?

Paul Willis

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 2:34 pm

No luck at all. What display model have you tried to output to? I understand it may not work with some computer monitors, but no consumer 1080p TVs have worked for me either. The card just does not output 1080p25 from ANY software I've tried.

I honestly think that the card just wont output 1080p25 at all, I am wondering if support have actually really tried this setup themselves as all they seem to be doing is asking questions for answers I've already provided. Getting no where :(
www.chief.tv
www.paulwilliscolour.com

RTX 3090 24GB
128GB RAM
Windows 11

Janderman van den Berg

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 2:53 pm

I have tried a Philips MWC1230 (computer)monitor as well as a HP 2311 monitor. Both do not accept 1080p25.
(1080I50 footage works fine)
But my field monitor Ikan 7" with component connection on the Intensity doesn't work either!
A friend of mine has the same setup (CS6,Macpro,Intensity) but he works with a Samsung p2470 Syncmaster and has a picture in all formats! (180I50, P25, the lot...)
I wil ask him to bring this monitor to my studio as soon he can miss it for a day, I'll let you know....
(and believe or not: Samsung doesn't produce this monitors anymore)

Paul Willis

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 3:11 pm

I have just tried with component too and I get the same problem. Also just double checked my displays handle 1080p via BluRay, even the cheap LCD works fine with that so it's definitely a problem with Intensity and it's not isolated to Premiere either. Have you tried Davinci Resolve Lite? The 1080psf option works for me but not 1080p25.
www.chief.tv
www.paulwilliscolour.com

RTX 3090 24GB
128GB RAM
Windows 11

Janderman van den Berg

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 3:37 pm

Sorry, I have no experience with Davinci. This is an answer that came from BM Support:

"The monitor you are using appears to be a computer monitor, so it will not support the variety of broadcast video signals.
There are a number of different frame rates used in the industry, whereas computer monitors expect to work at 50 or 60Hz, and do not offer the flexibility of different video refresh rates.
Do you have a TV you can test this setup with, instead of the monitor? The TV will also have to support 1080p25, as not all TVs do.
Can you also test the component output on a TV?
I hope this has helped."

As I said: I'm waiting to find out what my friends Samsung does in my setup. Will let you know, ofcourse

Janderman van den Berg

PostWed Apr 10, 2013 2:02 pm

Just tested the Samsung (TV)monitor, fullhd 1080p, connected HDMI to the Intensity: and it works!
It looks like BM is right: it depends on what monitor you're using.
Hope you succeed in finding the right (tv)monitor!

Paul Willis

PostWed Apr 10, 2013 2:25 pm

Good to know, thanks! Why would one 1080p compatible TV work when others don't though? That makes very little sense.
www.chief.tv
www.paulwilliscolour.com

RTX 3090 24GB
128GB RAM
Windows 11

Return to Post Production