v15 User Guide errors

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

v15 User Guide errors

PostTue Aug 28, 2018 1:00 am

Hi All, this thread is for you to report any errors you have found in the user guide. We know with +2600 pages there will be some and of course as the dev team works day and night it's hard to keep the documentation up to date.

However here is your chance, please list the page number and detail of errors you have found in the manual compared to the release version 15.

thank you.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

SteveMullen

Re: v15 User Guide errors

PostFri Aug 31, 2018 8:54 pm

It's not clear how one specifies account information.

There used to be a popup with a + sign.

The description is confused and there is no screenshot.

Marcus C. Hambsch

PostSat Sep 01, 2018 11:08 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Hi All, this thread is for you to report any errors you have found in the user guide. We know with +2600 pages there will be some and of course as the dev team works day and night it's hard to keep the documentation up to date.

However here is your chance, please list the page number and detail of errors you have found in the manual compared to the release version 15.

thank you.

Hi !
Thanks for the new extensive Reference Manual !

Errors spotted :
Pages 2518 / 2534 / 2536
unencoded DCP -> unencrypted DCP / non-encrypted DCP

Thanks for the native DCP Playback and Encoding support for unencrypted DCPs !!!

Regards,

Marcus
CINE-VFX.com

Cary Knoop

PostMon Sep 03, 2018 9:10 am

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Hi All, this thread is for you to report any errors you have found in the user guide. We know with +2600 pages there will be some and of course as the dev team works day and night it's hard to keep the documentation up to date.

thank you.

Quite a task, but wait.... I know just the right guy for this:

:D

John Epton

PostWed Sep 05, 2018 9:30 am

ERRORS discovered in the Davinci Resolve 15 Manual August 2018 as checked with Resolve Studio 15 final release software

p32 Effects Library on Fairlight Page should say Fusion Page
p35 not Fusion > Console but Workspace Console
p45 Small viewer is to the Right not Left
p51 The Workspace > Primary Display Menu option is only visible in Dual Screen Mode (In Edit page)
p54 Does not describe how the Audio Mixer can be displayed on another screen
p63 The Update Thumbnails right click option does not appear
p72 Disconnecting Databases. The 'Reveal in Finder' is 'Open File Location'
p89 User Preferences, UI Settings 'Resize Image in viewer for correct aspect Ratio' is ' .... to square pixels'
p342 The option 'Show Current Frame Audio Waveform' is actually called 'Show Zoomed Audio Waveform'
p349 Individual Timeline Track Resizing is done by draging top divider for Video Tracks and dragging the bottom divider for Audio Tracks
p351 Toolbar . The details of the Dynamic Trim mode are missing
p352 Toolbar Zoom Slider - The words about the scroll wheel do not seem to agree with what happens in practice. Scroll wheel has no effect nither doec Ctl+ and CTL-
p352 Toolbar Show Audio Meters/Audio Mixer button and popup - This does not seem to exist
p353 To Open audio mixer click Workspace - no option of Audio Mixer is shown on menu.
p354 You should also say that you can open the Scopes from the Edit page.
p356 To enable Full Screen timeline Choose Workspace >Dual Screen > Full Screen Timeline - there is no Layout option
p362 The Timeline View Options is not at the Bottom Right of the Timeline.
p363 Drag top of Video or bottom of Audio tracks to change height
p368 Looks like default is for playheads not to be Ganged. Options menu says Sync Playheads not Gang Playheads
p376 and 377 Viewer Transport Controls Jog bar is incorrectly described to be below the Transport controls in two places
p377 Keyboard Shortcuts Cannot get Option-L to work
p377 Cannot get Previous/Next Keyframe to work
p379 Play Around In Option Space does not work for windows
p380 Time code entry - Numbers appear at the top RIGHT of the Viewer not left
p383 Set In/Out whilst skimming thumbnail. Thumbnail selected range is shown ON the thumbnail not below it.
p404 Tracks 2 3 and 4 are shown locked, not just track 3
p411 Cannot get Linked Move across tracks to work? It needs Timeline Linking to be ON
p412 The out-of-sync indicators are shown at the left of the clip name not to the right as stated
p412 The video was dragged to the left in the example not to the right
p413 The symbol for linked clips is a chain not a dot as described.
p422 Control Alt drag on a Video clip moves the linked audio clip. Is this a bug?
p425 Menu choice is 'Show Through Edits' not 'Show Through Edits Only'
p443 Edit menu 'Switch Focus to Timeline after edit' is actually 'Switch to Timeline after Edit'
p445 The diagram shown dows not correspond to the description. No Music track is shown.
p464 The illustration of the Marker duration is not correct
p465 It looks like if you try to delete one stroke/arrow they all get deleted
p470 Locate Source Viewer Clip in Media Pool Alt-F does not seem to work
p471 To locate media file memu choice in windows is 'Open File Location' not 'Reveal in Finder'
p491 Item 2 To return to the original timeline you need to double click the Timeline name not single click it
p508 Paragraph 'During a ripple.... refers to a previous example which does not appear to exist
Resolve Studio 18 Fusion Studio 18 Desktop Video 12.1
Apple Mac M1 Studio
64 GB Memory
10 Cores
32c GPU
Disc 1 TB
BMD Speed Editor

Noel Sterrett

PostWed Sep 05, 2018 8:06 pm

John should get a free dongle for this.

Cheers.
Admit One Pictures
Resolve Studio 18 | Linux Lint 21 | Nvidia 515 | Xeon | iCore | Ryzen

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Sep 07, 2018 1:37 am

Excellent, thank you John.
Please let us know if you find more as we are making another editorial pass and need to submit the changes by mid September.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Thomas Milde

PostFri Sep 07, 2018 8:54 am

Got some, too:
P 19, first sentence, it says "5 main pages", but there are 6.
p 36, first paragraph: "The color page is divided into seven main areas [...] It's divided into seven regions." Seems like two times the same Information.
p 50, last picture set, the keyframe editor, shows twice the same picture and not a before/after situation.
p 176, to assign an input color space: "to more then one clip" should be "than"

(will be edited as I read along, stay tuned)
Last edited by Thomas Milde on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tech:
Win 10 pro, Ryzen 9 5900X, 128 GB, M.2 for media
RTX 3080 ti, Intensity Pro, DVR Studio + Fusion 18.x, Desktop Video 12.x

John Epton

PostSat Sep 08, 2018 9:24 am

A few more

p510 'For Example, if multiple clips are selected .....all six clips will be trimmed'. It would be helpful to say that this is only the case if no clips are manually selected
p515 'Ripple trim Multiple Edits ...' what is the relevance of 49 edits?
p516 is 'Starting in version 12' relevant in a Resolve 15 manual?
p521 Section 3 In Selection Mode pressing S does nothing. Changing the Dynamic Trim Mode by right Clicking into slip or slide does not change the behaviour. Only a dynamic move seems possible not a dynamic Slide.

p532 Transition Properties/Duration. In the Inspector, if you change the Alignment, the Duration fields change to --. Changing the Duration then appears to make incremental changes with a + and - sign and then the display recerts to --. This is not documented.
p534 Transition Curve Editor works identically to the Curve Editor you can access from any clip. The Curve Editor has not yet been mentioned in the manual
p534 To delete a control point .... No Delete option is offered when right clicking on the Keyframe

p548 Editing Audio using the Source Viewer refers to setting the Viewer to Audio Waveform when viewing a clip with Video and Audio - but does not say how this is done - if indeed it can be.
Last edited by John Epton on Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apple Mac M1 Studio
64 GB Memory
10 Cores
32c GPU
Disc 1 TB
BMD Speed Editor

smith99

PostSat Sep 08, 2018 3:30 pm

Page 1590 Chapter 86 Miscellaneous nodes suggests that in the custom node the Point In 1 control is accessed via variable p1x, I have found this not to be the case, but instead in expressions in the custom node if I instead use PointIn1.X it works.

Page 1595 suggests that tan(x) is in degrees but it looks like it is in radians
I have to do tan(rad(45)) to get 1
deg(atan(tan(rad(45)))) to get 45

deg(x) - The number of degrees in x radians and
rad(x) - The number of radians in x degrees
could be added to the documentation.

Does anyone know what the variable name is for Aspect ratio or width is?
Page 1594 suggests w or ax but these don't work for me in the custom node.

Chad Capeland

PostTue Sep 11, 2018 6:39 pm

smith99 wrote:Page 1590 Chapter 86 Miscellaneous nodes suggests that in the custom node the Point In 1 control is accessed via variable p1x, I have found this not to be the case, but instead in expressions in the custom node if I instead use PointIn1.X it works.

p1x is correct as of 15.0.1.003.

smith99 wrote:Page 1595 suggests that tan(x) is in degrees but it looks like it is in radians
I have to do tan(rad(45)) to get 1
deg(atan(tan(rad(45)))) to get 45

tan(45) returns 1.0 for me.

smith99 wrote:deg(x) - The number of degrees in x radians and
rad(x) - The number of radians in x degrees
could be added to the documentation.

But those functions don't exist.

smith99 wrote:Does anyone know what the variable name is for Aspect ratio or width is?
Page 1594 suggests w or ax but these don't work for me in the custom node.

Work for me (15.0.1.003).

I will note that the OpIconString for CustomTool is not Cu, but CT. This is also incorrect in the Fusion documentation.

EDIT: A LOT of the OpIconString are wrong when it comes to case. Like Replicate3D is 3Rep, not 3REP.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Chad Capeland

PostTue Sep 11, 2018 6:50 pm

A general note, copy is again disabled for the PDF documentation, so I can't copy/paste errata into this message. It's super annoying and every time it's reported it gets fixed, but it's reverted back again later.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Chad Capeland

PostTue Sep 11, 2018 8:24 pm

A general note, the forum times out waaaaay too fast and you lose your entire message when it does. :evil:
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Manuel López

PostTue Sep 11, 2018 9:00 pm

p550 and p2369 For cinema distribution these tracks are ordered Left, Right, Center, LFE, Surround Left, Surround Right, and LFE (duplicate)

p2127 Figure of circles is wrong: The Layer Mixer prioritizes nodes connetected to lower inputs such that node's output completely obscures whatever is behind it.

Michał Matwij

PostFri Sep 14, 2018 9:54 am

In Colour menagment
by selecting Colour Science ACEScc
and ACES version 1.1
in ACES IDT you can only choose ACES cc/cg/cct
in ACES ODT you can not choose Rec 709 and P3 as well other transforms.

achlumca

PostSat Sep 15, 2018 7:32 pm

I am using Resolve 15.0.0B.046. I am not able to render videos. It is not even starting sometimes. It shows long remaining time like 22 hours. Please help

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Sep 18, 2018 12:44 am

Why are you posting this in a user guide errors thread? And why are you using very old beta code?

Download and install 15.1, and if you still have issues, please start a new thread to report them.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

kcorcoran

PostTue Sep 18, 2018 1:32 pm

p. 2485, a typo under the description of the "Vocal Channel" Fairlight effect. What should read "High Pass" is instead spelled "Hugh Pass."

p488, not so much an error as an overly broad statement that initially confused me. Under "To create a Take Selector" the text "Right-click any clip that's not a title or generator, and choose 'Take Selector' from the contextual menu" seems to imply that you can create take selectors from audio-only clips. (e.g., different takes by a V.O. narrator.) This does not seem to be possible. Although you can get similar functionality using layers on audio tracks, that's a different feature, and maybe the Take Selector text should be qualified as "any video clip."

Elimelech

PostThu Sep 20, 2018 2:34 pm

Page 1478
Preroll
First sentence doubled

Eric-Jan

PostSat Sep 22, 2018 5:36 pm

Is there a update newsletter for the revised manual being ready for download ?
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Pepijn Klijs

PostSun Sep 23, 2018 12:05 pm

page 2280 Match move OFX.

Step one describes a contextual menu where you can 'add as matte etc....' I can't find this contextual menu when I right click a file in the media pool in the edit page, like the manual suggests.

smith99

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 7:53 am

Chad Capeland wrote:
smith99 wrote:Page 1590 Chapter 86 Miscellaneous nodes suggests that in the custom node the Point In 1 control is accessed via variable p1x, I have found this not to be the case, but instead in expressions in the custom node if I instead use PointIn1.X it works.

p1x is correct as of 15.0.1.003.

smith99 wrote:

Yes, was mostly my misunderstanding from reading the manual on how the custom node works.

I was referring to those things on the Point/Number controls tab expressions, but things like p1x don't work on that tab, only on the intermediate tab.

Philipp Ringli

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 9:20 am

p. 336 Edit Index Columns
There is no mention of the column "Marker Keywords".
What is not logical for me is, that the content of that column is only shown if you select "Show Markers > All" from the "..."-menu in the edit index table. If you have "Show all" (the default) selected, that column never gets populated.

Also "Marker Keywords", "Marker Name", "Marker Notes". None of these filter options are mentioned in the manual regarding the edit index.

On a side note: I wonder why there is filter options for the above three but only one of them is available as column.
Hackintosh, Mac OS 10.13.6, 32GB DDR4 @3200
Resolve 15.2.2
Intel Core i7-8700 4.2Ghz
64GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11263 MB

Seth Goldin

PostThu Sep 27, 2018 8:41 pm

On p. 116, the path for the LUT folder on Linux is listed as:
Code: Select all
/home/resolve/LUT

It should actually be:
/opt/resolve/LUT
https://www.sethgoldin.com

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Sep 28, 2018 12:45 am

Actually, on CentOS 6.8 systems it is /home/resolve/LUT.

On a CentOS 7.x install, you are correct, it will be /opt/resolve/LUT.

At any rate, the docs should probably mention both, or if only one, the current CentOS 7 one.
Dwaine Maggart

d.dragun

PostSat Sep 29, 2018 10:56 pm

Hello. I thought I would read the entire manual and post all the errors after it, but I'm afraid that by that time the page numbering may change and I will have to correct my numbering. So I will post bugs found and will post new bugs as soon as I find them.

Also thanks for jokes in manual it dilutes boring technical information :D

DaVinci Resolve 15.1.1.005
Resolve 15.1 Manual.pdf

27 “View>Single Viewer Mode” - this appears in Workspace>Single Viewer Mode

35 “Fusion>Console” - this appears in Workspace>Console

50 before/after screen the same

66 “upper left-hand corner” - bottom corner

70 wrong tab on screenshot, need “Create” tab

74 in dvr 15 there are no more “Automatically save project” option. Now “Live Save” and “Project Backups” appear in menu

91 “first in, first out” basis.” - unnecessary quotation marks

109 Motion Range - this can’t change clip by clip on edit page in inspector, may be you mean “Retime process” can be changed (on previous page)

124 “Add 3:2” - text formatting mistake

136 Tint - this topic need to move down in “Use Camera Metadata” as in menu in DVR

150 “exposes a a” - double “a”

159 “render cache clip output” - new name in DVR 15 is render cache color output

159 “you can can” - double “can”

211 wrong screenshot, need super scale function screenshot

228 “you can toggle individual track on and off by clicking the track number underneath” it’s not work. and “mute button, at the bottom-left of the meters. lets you disable” mute button appear only at right of the toolbar, not in audio panel.

229 - “The Edit page…” - you mean “The Media page…” because we talk about media page in this chapter and screen shot appear media page

236 - “Add Folder and SubFolders into Media Pool (as Folders)” in DaVinci in parentheses appear “(Create Bins)”

243 - 2 – when click “Extract Audio” button no dialog appear to find another disk location for save audio

246 - “when View > Use Clip Name for Clip Titles” - this function not appear in View tab, may be you mean “Show File Names” in View tab

263 - “the Clip Name column (hidden by default)” - in new version of DVR Clip Name appear by default

297 - “Add 3:2” - text formatting mistake

304 - “not identical to, Cineon encoding” - unnecessary comma

335 - in new DVR 15 available new key: EDL Clip name and Marker Keyword (in DVR 15.1)

339 - “exposes a a” - double “a”

341 - need to describe new function “Annotation”

343 - “Use Gray Background in Viewers” - in View tab this call “Show Grey Background in Viewers” (word “Use…” use in User Preferences)

374 - “View > Single Viewer Mode”. This function available in Workspace tab, not in Viewer tab.

379 - Play to Out double “Option”

386 - in DVR 15.1 available new filter for markers - Marker Keywords

403 - “Option-8” - whole this line is unnecessary

412 - “.Linked Selection” - unnecessary period

422 - now shuffle with cmd+shft work the same as cmd+opt it insert in middle of the clip. In DVR14 work correct, may be it’s a bag.

431 - “Press Command-Option Up Arrow” - Command-Shift is correct shortcut

459 - double click M doesn’t open mark dialog DURING playback (only cmd+M)

462 - also marker can use marker keywords

463 - one more properties - marker keyword

467 - “Color or Notes column” also Keyword column

472 - “the lowest video track will be used” match frame use higher video track

478 - “Link Using” may be Detect Using?

493 - decompose while edit with cmd doesn’t work after DVR 14

502 - To slide a clip - slips the clip in 5-frame by defolt, not 10. Also in To slip a clip - “Shift-Option-Comma/Period” is not correct, need just Shift-Comma/Period

503 - Shift-V didn’t move playhead to the center, only select

557 - now it’s possible to edit pan in Audio Curve Editor, not only volume

557 - “Selection Follow Playhead (Command-W)” - this shortcut torn on “Show Reference Wipe” by default

560 - “Band 2-5 can be..” maybe band 2-3?

599 - need to add “Fusion composition” generator

600 - I need more then 17h40m :D

653 - “choose New Fusion Connect Clip” - since DVR 15 this function call New VFX Connect Clip (all this chapter is for DVR14, not for DVR15)

671 - “Two option found in Master Project Settings” - now this two option found in User Preference in Editing menu

680 - double are are

689 - “Conform Lock To Selected Clip In Timeline” in Media Pool doesn’t appear since DVR15

import aaf/xml теперь находится в file-import-

760 - “on the Fairlight page” - maybe Fusion page?

766 - “area of the Keyframe Editor” - maybe Spline Editor?

766 - “sort pop-up menu” - in Spline Editor sort pop-up menu doesn’t appear

768 - not correct screen shot - need “set relative” icon, not “reverse” icon (first on screen)

774 - “Fusion>Console” - now it in Workspace>Consloe

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

PostMon Oct 01, 2018 4:09 pm

Click a viewer and press Command-1 to resize the image in the Viewer to 100 percent.
Chapter – 45 Using the Fusion Page 746
‚ Click a viewer and press Command-F or Command-1 to reset the image in the Viewer to fit the Viewer.

those two lines contradicted each other.
Last edited by waltervolpatto on Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

waltervolpatto

PostMon Oct 01, 2018 4:17 pm

page Chapter – 45 Using the Fusion Page 747 should mention that pressing "3" pipe the node to the main output if you have a decklink card.
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled

waltervolpatto

PostMon Oct 01, 2018 4:48 pm

page 758:
By default, new nodes are added from left to right in the Node Editor, but they can also flow from top to bottom, left to right, bottom to top, or in all directions simultaneously.

i think should read:

By default, new nodes are added from left to right in the Node Editor, but they can also flow from top to bottom, right to left, bottom to top, or in all directions simultaneously.

waltervolpatto

PostMon Oct 01, 2018 5:35 pm

page 770 i spit out my coffee!!!

To change how thumbnails are identified:
Double-click the area underneath any thumbnail to toggle among clip format, clip name, and a mystery that shall someday be solved by an intrepid team of adventurers embarking on a dangerous quest.

Seth Goldin

PostMon Oct 01, 2018 5:48 pm

waltervolpatto wrote:page 770 i spit out my coffee!!!

Double-click the area underneath any thumbnail to toggle among clip format, clip name, and a mystery that shall someday be solved by an intrepid team of adventurers embarking on a dangerous quest.

Isn't this outdated? Aren't the three options just format ["codec" in the menubar], version, and clip name?

d.dragun

PostMon Oct 01, 2018 7:48 pm

782 - “to purple in the control” - maybe green in the control?

786 - “clips are are edited” - double “are”

799 - “composite. and the Gamut” - need capital letter “a”

802 - “a alpha” - an alpha

821 - “in the Inspector at the left” - at the right

Virion

PostMon Oct 01, 2018 8:42 pm

DaVinci 15.1.1.005 hangs and does not respond if I click on Displacement keyframes. I need to close it without sending a report to Blackmagic.

waltervolpatto

PostMon Oct 01, 2018 9:00 pm

Seth Goldin wrote:
waltervolpatto wrote:page 770 i spit out my coffee!!!

Isn't this outdated? Aren't the three options just format ["codec" in the menubar], version, and clip name?

there is no "version" in fusion, hence the blank stare...

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Oct 03, 2018 2:07 am

@Tex: Did you notice the subject of this thread?
Dwaine Maggart

Annaël Beauchemin

PostWed Oct 24, 2018 2:35 pm

p 2168

The manual suggest using a Layer Mixer node, but it should be a Key Mixer node.

3D Lower 3

PostWed Oct 31, 2018 4:20 pm

Thanks

Seth Goldin

PostFri Nov 02, 2018 11:24 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Actually, on CentOS 6.8 systems it is /home/resolve/LUT.

On a CentOS 7.x install, you are correct, it will be /opt/resolve/LUT.

At any rate, the docs should probably mention both, or if only one, the current CentOS 7 one.

Similarly, on p. 2532, the instructions for headless remote rendering for Linux refer to:
/home/resolve/Cyclone

However I don’t see anything named Cyclone inside /opt/resolve/, nor do I see any item named script.start.

How would I start headless remote rendering on CentOS 7.3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 10:54 pm

1. Start a new thread.

–– Open Terminal.

–– Change the directory to:
cd /opt/resolve/bin/

–– Run the following command:
./resolve -rr

CTRL-c to exit.
Dwaine Maggart

Mike Jacks

PostWed Nov 07, 2018 3:15 am

Chapter - 45 - Using the Fusion Page p752

I believe the below are flopped in the document.

‚ Shift-Back Arrow: Moves to the clip’s Source End frame.
‚ Shift-Forward Arrow: Moves to the clip’s Source Start frame.

d.dragun

PostWed Nov 07, 2018 2:00 pm

889 - one more category - OpenFX

893 - “Option-click one of..” - Option not necessary to select node while multiple node selected, can just click

899 - “hold Option and Alt” - correct “hold Option OR Alt”

904 - background branch is yellow and foreground one is green

914 - “Fusion>Node Editor” - correct is Fusion>Flow

917 - “Tools>Node Editor” - correct is Tools>Flow

923 - Pass Through - OFF by default

924 - “floating tooltip in the Inspector” - in the Node Editor

927 - pressing cmd+E open Export Project dialog, not Expand Group in Node Editor

946 - arrow keys don’t effect on horizontal axis (only in vertical). left/right arrow key step frame backward/forward

948 - “(or press /)” - it’s not work. need to press , or . to close split wipe view

950 - “of the the same” - double “the”

961 - “while you can can” - double “can”

965 - to enable the RoI controls “Refion > Show DoD” - correct is “Region > Enable Region”

Seth Goldin

PostThu Nov 08, 2018 9:02 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:1. Start a new thread.

Sorry, do you mean a new forum thread for this topic. or something else?

It is a typo in the current manual. Sorry, I didn’t intend to post off-topic...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d.dragun

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 8:11 pm

982 - “Auto controls for selected” - correct name is “Show controls for selected”

983 - “appear beneath any pinned nodes” - correct is “appear over any pinned nodes”

988 - “turn off the Green..” - correct is Red

989 - “Pick Controls” - new button’s name is just “Sample”

990 - shutter angle default value slider is 180, not 100

993 - “TIP: Color an be” - may be “Color can be”

1024 - Insert and Modify mode shortcut is shft+I, not cmd+I

1037 - “returns the the value” - double the

1038 - “that can you can” - double can

1083 - to select all of the point on the active polyline need to press shift+A, not cmd+A

1084 - to delete points need to press cmd+delete, not just delete button

1110 - “press A to fit all objects” - A key switch between alpha and color layers (key C do the same)

1183 - “TIP: Currently DoD/RoI is not supported for all Fusion nodes” - what does it mean? DoD and RoI work fine, may be it mean is not supported with stereo and optical flow nodes?

1191 - “to turn the grid off completely, use…” - correct is right click in viewer in 3D mode > 3D Option > Grid

1196 - section Control exist in User Interface tab, not in General

d.dragun

PostWed Nov 21, 2018 6:57 pm

1212 - “Frame Format” - Frame Aspect

1266 - “Replace Normals 3D [3RN]” - [3RpN]

1295 - “Ambient Light [3AM]” - [3AL]

1348 - Fast Gaussian is a default filter method

1358 - “Soft Glow [SGL]” - [SGlo]

1359 - problem with text formatting top on page

1360 - “Unsharp Mask [US]” - [USM]

1368 (also 1374, 1383) - lift scale around black, and gain scale around white

1409 - “of the two two” - double two

1411 - “greater than 0” - greater than 5

1455 - Ambient Occlusion [AO] - [SSAO]

1507 - “ad1ded”

1510 - Group don’t have shortname NTE (it’s sticky node)

1535 - for what [CMC] shortcut be there? Common Mask Controls is not a node, it’s just common usage of mask nodes

1561 - “apply applied” - I don’t understand what does it mean. May be it’s not a mistake

1562 and 1563, 1576 - “the the blue”

1567 - “Difference Keyer [DKY]” - [DfK]

1590 - Custom Tool [CT]

1605 - Time Speed [TSP] - [TSpd]

1624 - “Size:” - problem with text formating

1629 - “the the menu”

1681 - “connection of a 3d}}/Camera 3D |Camera 3D node” - I don’t know what is it, but I think it’s a mistake

1712 - “Z to World [ZTW]” - “Z to WorldPos [Z2W]”

1734 - “Setting it to 0.1 will scale..” may be -0.1?

1741 - “value of 2, which will result in one keyframe per frame” - may be per 2 frames?

1747 - double “They are:”

1764 - “are not e a lot of”

1787 - “greater than zero” - greater then 5

In Fusion chapter a lot of text formatting incorrectness, but I'm very tired to manually write each sentence.. It will be better to have option to copy/paste from pdf.

John Epton

PostSat Nov 24, 2018 6:23 pm

Page 556 describes "Adjusting Audio in the Inspector". However it does not show the Clip Pan control even though it is referred to in the caption.
In fact the Clip Pan control in the Inspector appears to do nothing.
Apple Mac M1 Studio
64 GB Memory
10 Cores
32c GPU
Disc 1 TB
BMD Speed Editor

Jean Claude

PostSat Nov 24, 2018 6:39 pm

John Epton wrote:Page 556 describes "Adjusting Audio in the Inspector". However it does not show the Clip Pan control even though it is referred to in the caption.
In fact the Clip Pan control in the Inspector appears to do nothing.

Hello John,
We are talking about audio in inspector. No?
page 556.jpg

:)
"Saying it is good, but doing it is better! "
Win10-1809 | Resolve Studio V16.1 | Fusion Studio V16.1 | Decklink 4K Extreme 6G | RTX 2080Ti 431.86 NSD driver! |

John Epton

PostSat Nov 24, 2018 6:49 pm

Jean Claude
Yes, the Audio Tab in the Inspector which appears after you click on the Audio Track.
The Clip Pan Control is shown in the Software but I does not do anything.
The Clip Pan Control is not shown in the manual.
Apple Mac M1 Studio
64 GB Memory
10 Cores
32c GPU
Disc 1 TB
BMD Speed Editor

Jean Claude

PostSat Nov 24, 2018 6:55 pm

Hello John,
The best is to open a new thread?Not have time now : See you tomorrow. :)
"Saying it is good, but doing it is better! "
Win10-1809 | Resolve Studio V16.1 | Fusion Studio V16.1 | Decklink 4K Extreme 6G | RTX 2080Ti 431.86 NSD driver! |

d.dragun

PostWed Nov 28, 2018 11:01 pm

1887 - “uses of of these”

1889 - “lower right-hand corner” - upper right-hand corner

1894 - “Toggle Wipe” - Show Reference Wipe

1897 - in Current Group “Double-clicking a frame does nothing in this mode” - it is incorrect information

1900 - ‘bottom left corner’ - bottom right corner

1900 - “top left” - top right

1902- aspect ratio “upper left-hand” - upper right-hand

1902- “View > Video Scopes” - Workspace > Video Scopes

1911 - “MarkerY” - Markers

1913 - “at the top left” - at the top right

1916 - zoom slider “bottom right” - top right

1947 - Use Legacy Log Grading Ranges and Curve “turned off by default” - older on checkbox, new off checkbox

1963 - “middle point is selected” - left point is selected

1967 and 1971 - re-enable ganging “to the right” - to the left

1994 - to make high-contrast black and white the default - preferences > User > Color > Mattes display

2009-2010 - “Choose Nodes > Node + ***” - “Choose Color > Nodes > Node + ***”

2012 - “Reset All Windows from the Options pop-up” - there are only Reset Selected Windows, not All Windows

2012 - “Option-H to toggle modes” - this shortcut no assign

2019 - “Double-click or otherwise select another node” - thanks for developers and may be God that double-click now is not necessary. All times in this chapter are double-clicking write.

2020 - “To delete a window preset” - just select preset’s name in delete menu, no x button there are

2026 - “Color > Track ***” - Color > Tracker > Track ***

2026 - “Track Forward (press T)” - by default is cmd-T

2033 two times “click the Delete button”

2034 - Note window text formatting problem

2056 - “Album 1” - “Stills 1”

2057 - To show or hide the Albums list: if hidden - appears, if visible - hidden. Just reread the sentence.

2068 - “small “linked” badge at the left” - at the right

2070 and 2073 - “Color > Add Version” - Color > Grade Version > Add

2074 - “remote version you want to copy” - you want to rename

2078 - “Keyframes aligning start frame of edits” - Keyframes Aligning Start Frames

2088 - To ripple change in current group, 4 article - Ripple Node Changes to Current Group

2089 - the same problem in the “To append a node to other selected clips:” in 4 article.

2093 - screenshot - shred node in middle, not right

2105 - “between the Node Editor and the Gallery” - Node Editor and Viewer

2109 - ”Option-Shift-Semicolon or Nodes” - forget “)”

2109 - “Nodes > Previous Node” - Color - Nodes > Previous Node

All time in this chapter forget “Color” tab before “Nodes” pop-up menu.

2113 - “To add a serial node before the currently selected node” - Shift+S
“Node + CPW” (and other) - not shift, need Option button

2127 - incorrect sreenshot, in node graph need change blue and green node vice versa

2128 - incorrect description on screenshot - need change Node 4 to Node 3

2137 - “Node 3 manipulates the key, and Node 4 uses the key to make a color adjustment. ” - Node 4 manipulates the key, and Node 3 uses the key to make a color adjustment.

2137 - “Node 1 pulls a key, and the RGB is connected to Node 2 which is used to color correct the foreground image. The key from Node 1 is connected to the RGB of Node 3” - Node 1 pulls a key, and the RGB is connected to Node 3 which is used to color correct the foreground image. The key from Node 1 is connected to the RGB of Node 2

2139 - “A round orange RGB output” - green

2140 - “A matte attached to clip Makeup_composite.mov, as seen in the Media Pool” - A matte attached to clip Makeup_Green.mov, as seen in the Media Pool

2156 - “whether you need t““o apply an adjustment”

2157 - “leaving only Channel 2 (Y)” - leaving only Channel 1 (Y)

2163 - “to add the Alpha Output at the left of the node graph” - to add the Alpha Output at the right of the node graph

2168 - “by the OFX plugin using a Layer Mixer” - by the OFX plugin using a Key Mixer

2174 - “Enable/Disable button: A round orange button” - Enable/Disable button: A round white button

2178 - “Note that keyframe badges won’t appear when you simply add a keyframe but only once there’s an actual keyframed adjustment being made.” - it’s not true

2180 - “OFX: Controls all parameters of whichever OFX plug-in is applied to the current node.” - OFX keyframe not available in Keyframes timeline
Also forget describe Misc isolation, for what parameters is responsible?

2192 - “The manual interface cons’’’“““‘‘‘ists”

d.dragun

PostFri Nov 30, 2018 4:00 pm

part 9

2220 - “selecting Next Version again will select the Default Keyframing Group” - selecting Next Version again will select the lower version

2238 - “Nodes with an OpenFX plug-in applied have an FX badge in the upper right-hand corner.” - Nodes with an OpenFX plug-in applied have an FX badge in the bottom left-hand corner.

2249 - “There are three options, None, Simple, and Luminance Mapping.” - There are four options, None, Simple, Luminance Mapping and Clip.

2155 - “Relative Spread Red/Green/Glue” - Relative Spread Red/Green/Blue

2266 - “an edge needs to be to be affected”

2267 - “Speed Optimization Options
* Closed by default, opening this control group reveals two controls: ” - text formatting problem

2271 - “edge detail needs to be to be included”

2296 - “reset button in the upper left-hand corner of the palette” - reset button in the upper right-hand corner of the palette

2302 - “tracking is ̨finished” and “ending at the last ̨frame of the clip”

2306 - “Viewer Zoom ̨checkbox.”

2306 - on screenshot second node doesn’t invert, but it need to correct compose sky and fg

2313 - “The default value is 10.7” - The default value is 50

2313 - “–  Best:” - “Enhanced”

2315 - “still areas and and avoidance”

2318 - “A small orange button to the left of each control’s name” - A small white button to the left of each control’s name

2328 - “Viewer displaying a logo, custom text, timecode and file path” - Viewer displaying a logo, custom text, timecode and source clip name

2331 - “Justify Text” - Alignment
Next

Return to DaVinci Resolve