Blackmagic Cinema Camera EF and mft shipping update

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Will-S-H

Blackmagic Cinema Camera EF and mft shipping update

PostWed Apr 10, 2013 2:28 pm

It has been amazing to see what Blackmagic had achieved in the last year, the two new cameras are fantastic and really complete the line.

I really don't want to detect from that but....

I would really like to have an update on the shipping for the two original models. I have had a mft BMCC on order since last November and have sold my existing kit in order to finance it, believing at the time that the camera would be here soon.

Please, I would really love to know what is happening with the original cameras.

Please post an update!

Dennis Westhoff

Re: Blackmagic Cinema Camera EF and mft shipping update

PostWed Apr 10, 2013 2:41 pm

+1
would be really great!

George Wharmby

PostWed Apr 10, 2013 3:44 pm

I think their just gonna ignore updates and work on getting them out there. But for me the lack of communication since February and the fact the company I ordered from couldn't tell me if I would receive it in the next couple of months made me cancel. But I have pre-ordered the BMPCC and plan on spending the rest of the cash on some MFT lenses.

Will-S-H

PostWed Apr 10, 2013 4:12 pm

George Wharmby wrote:I think their just gonna ignore updates and work on getting them out there. But for me the lack of communication since February and the fact the company I ordered from couldn't tell me if I would receive it in the next couple of months made me cancel. But I have pre-ordered the BMPCC and plan on spending the rest of the cash on some MFT lenses.

Yeah, I thought that would be the case, but it would be nice to be proved wrong...

Christine Peterson

PostWed Apr 10, 2013 4:37 pm

I don't know exact numbers, but BMCC EF shipping has dramatically ramped up since February. At NAB, I've been amazed at the number of people coming up to me who said they just received their cameras within the past week or two!

MFT cameras should start shipping soon. Posted a bit about that here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6802&start=30#p43347
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

josechu

PostWed Apr 10, 2013 6:50 pm

Christine Peterson wrote:I don't know exact numbers, but BMCC EF shipping has dramatically ramped up since February. At NAB, I've been amazed at the number of people coming up to me who said they just received their cameras within the past week or two!

MFT cameras should start shipping soon. Posted a bit about that here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6802&start=30#p43347

In all fairness Christine.... it has been mention a few times that the mft camera will start shipping soon...
Personally I got my bmc allready (without a preorder... funny enough), but at the film school where I work and the broadcast dealears that we deal with, you have annoyed some people ....(a lot).... by making this kind of comments..... I consider it to be a bit misleading and completely unprofessional...
But its up to you ... so we let you at it...

ungovernedreason

PostWed Apr 10, 2013 7:20 pm

It is just the company line in regards to this situation...however at least we got a "hey we remember you exist" this is what was really disappointing me from the company...not even a mention...now we have a mention...yay...they didn't take our money and leave us with nothing...in a manner of speaking...hope is something lol
Jonathon E Norris
Former Canadian Military
Videographer
UnGoverned Productions

Code: Select all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwXLMT1XKyk&list=PL3XHcImUakQ30c-Xzd96iq5YEyk36LP-Z&index=2

Return to Cinematography