15.1 Bug Flag - grades, fades and the text/text+ tools

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Justin Stephenson

15.1 Bug Flag - grades, fades and the text/text+ tools

PostSun Sep 16, 2018 8:43 pm

I am experiencing some weirdness when using the text and text+ tools in 15.1.

- I have a series of titles that I add fades to and then put into a compound clip.
- I grade the compound clip in my main timeline: colour cast, add a bit of blur and a vignette to get everything looking nice.
- I animate a slow zoom on the compound clip in the clip inspector.

Everything looks as it should during the fade up and fade down. When there is no fade, my blur is not rendered and there is a noticeable pop at the end of the fade up and the beginning of the fade down.

I have tried with both the Text and the Text+ tool with similar results. This issue appears on playback and in the rendered video. I have done a lot of this in the past without issue and prefer this to working in the fusion tab as it is super quick to put together a bunch of titles.

In any event, I wanted to flag this as an issue.

Best,

- J
Justin Stephenson
Moving Image Designer
http://justinstephenson.com
---------
18.6.4 Studio, W11 Pro, 13700K, Z690 ASUS ProArt, lots of M.2, NAS w 10Gbe mass storage, 128GB RAM, RTX4090, UltraStudio Monitor 3G -> FSI DM240. Micro Panel, Speed Editor.

Marc Wielage

Re: 15.1 Bug Flag - grades, fades and the text/text+ tools

PostMon Sep 17, 2018 2:20 am

One workaround you can try is: render out the clip (not as a compound clip), then import that rendered clip and do a slow zoom on that.

As to fixing it within Resolve, that's up to BMD's QA team.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve