Export media to another timeline with different fps

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

mastix

Export media to another timeline with different fps

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 9:00 am

I don't know how to do this or if it is even possible. I shot some clips in 59.94 fps and created a project with this fps. I know that once you choose the project fps you cannot change it later. But I want to to edit those clips in 24fps (slowmo). As I have now done all the in and outs of many clips (in the media storage section -not timeline yet) and I don't want to loose this work done. Is there a way to export those clips (with ins and outs) to a new project with a new fps (the 24fps I want).

Or do I have to start from scratch in a new 24fps project and do again all the in and out points of the clips.

This happens to me many times. I change my mind once the project is set and I cannot go back. I wish I could change the project settings and not be locked. I think other editing programs let you do this . Why not Davinci Resolve.

Thanks you for your help.
Windows 10 64 bits
Davinci Resolve 18.6 Studio
INTEL 8700
32 RAM
NVIDIA RTX 3090

Miguel Ibáñez

Re: Export media to another timeline with different fps

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 10:20 am

Aunque me duela decirlo, el único software que he encontrado para hacerlo es Premiere, mi experiencia fue esta, exporte desde Davinci .xml, importe con Premiere .xml "Premiere permite tener dos lineas de tiempo con diferente fps. copie la linea desde 25P a 50P y volví a exportar .xml y lo importe con Davinci "a mi me funciono"

Although it pains me to say it, the only software I have found to do it is Premiere, my experience was this, export from Davinci .xml, import with Premiere .xml "Premiere allows to have two timelines with different fps. Copy the line from 25P to 50P and I went back to export .xml and import it with Davinci "it worked for me"
win10 pro x64
MSI X99A, 32GB RAM, i7 5930 3,5GHz
nvidia GTX 1080

mastix

Re: Export media to another timeline with different fps

PostThu Sep 27, 2018 2:06 pm

Muchas gracias. Es lo que me temía. Una lastima. Espero que algun día podamos trabajar con timelines a diferentes fps en Davinci. Gracias por la respuesta.
Windows 10 64 bits
Davinci Resolve 18.6 Studio
INTEL 8700
32 RAM
NVIDIA RTX 3090

Return to DaVinci Resolve