help studio camera 4k 2

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

zonuna

help studio camera 4k 2

PostMon Jul 16, 2018 12:05 pm

Hi, as a new member, I would like some information about Studio camera 4k, is there any different between Studio camera 4k and Studio Camera 4k 2 ? I do not find 4k 2 version on the website. on some independent website the Studio camera 4k is marked as DISCONTINUED is it true ?

Reason i am asking is, I am about upgrading my studio and need some help on BMD studio camera may main uses is Live switching

Xtreemtec

Re: help studio camera 4k 2

PostMon Jul 16, 2018 4:47 pm

Version 2 has the internal battery removed.. That is all what happend.. (Due too FIAA Flight regulations.. Probabbly the battery was to big to fly it.. ) ;) And shipping those on a boat at all times isn't really an option..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

zonuna

PostMon Jul 16, 2018 5:13 pm

Thanks for your reply, so if the camera is Discontinued does it means there will be no support anymore ? Sorry just curious you know dont think buying a discontinued camera will be a good choice .

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Jul 17, 2018 4:38 pm

Hello Zonunkhuma. To be clear, the Television Studio 4K camera is not discontinued. The current model does not have a battery inside, but otherwise the same camera. You will not have a problem with warranty based upon the time you purchased it.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

zonuna

PostTue Jul 17, 2018 6:38 pm

Thank you ... that clears my doubt, a lack of review for this camera made me doubtful.

Mikaël Crozat

PostTue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 pm

They also removed the optical module that was supplied. You now have to get one as an option.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

zonuna

PostSun Jul 22, 2018 5:52 pm

Thanks for your reply ... But still need help

I am planning to buy 3nos Studio camera 4k and 1no micro studio cam 4k, but seeing some reviews and posts and own research I know that I am going to face the same problem on Zoom and focus, I am novice to BM product, and really need help,
My supplier suggest me an Olympus M.Zuiko digital 14-42mm f3.5-5.6EZ but the zoom range seems
short like 3x.only

Now I am confuse, should i go on with studio camera 4k or not, I am currently using Tricaster along with Canon, panasonic, sony camcorders and never had a problem with lens, zoom and focus. as the lens are inbuild.

It seems to me that Studio camera 4k Does not have a compatible Lens which can act like a camcorder`s lens when zoom in and out the Focus/image remains sharp without the need of manual focus

I like to use BM ATEM Television studio 4k switcher, I wonder if there are any camcorder that is compatible with BM switcher for Tally and talkback (SDI IN i guss)

Please share your experiences I really am confuse

Denny Smith

PostSun Jul 22, 2018 6:30 pm

You,should look at the new Ursa Broadcast, same 4K sensor as the Micro/Studio 4K, but with a better video processor and full UHD support up to 60fps. This is a B4 Mount Camera, and can take standard Broadcast B4 Zoom lenses thst can be controlled from the ATEM CCU. You may need to add a monitor, like thr VA or the new BM Studio Monitor, to get a rear centered monitor for a camera OP.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

zonuna

PostSun Jul 22, 2018 6:54 pm

Denny Smith wrote:You,should look at the new Ursa Broadcast, same 4K sensor as the Micro/Studio 4K, but with a better video processor and full UHD support up to 60fps. This is a B4 Mount Camera, and can take standard Broadcast B4 Zoom lenses thst can be controlled from the ATEM CCU. You may need to add a monitor, like thr VA or the new BM Studio Monitor, to get a rear centered monitor for a camera OP.
Cheers

WOW ... I am at the other end of the world :roll: where you cannot get what you want easily .. and budget are tight , I dont think i`ll find those B4 lens around ,

It`s surprising that no one ever review or post a Clips from Studio camera output :shock:

Please Studio camera users share some lights

Denny Smith

PostMon Jul 23, 2018 12:35 am

The Studio cameras are just that, and are used in live productions or live to tape, and do not record their own clips, so hard to share. The closest yiu may come, are some reviews with the occasional clip recorded form a Micro Studio camera. Also the reviews of the Ursa Broadcast shows some Rec 709 Vide footage, which is going to look the same as the 4K Studio cameras in HD or UHD mode.
Cheers
Last edited by Denny Smith on Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

zonuna

PostMon Jul 23, 2018 4:46 am

I am doing mostly Live or recorded live,
I saw some post saying that even if you use the recommended servo lens, and when zoom you still need manual focus.

Denny Smith

PostMon Jul 23, 2018 4:50 am

You can focus via the ATEM CCU, but correct, when you change the zoom focal length, you need to refocus the shot. The Oly EZ zoom is a still camera lens, and is not parfocal. Your other option is the Panny Leica 12-60 f/2.8-4 zoom which is parfocal, but lacks a Servo Zoom. You would need to add a FF Remote Servo,to the zoom ring to get remote zoom control.
Cheers
Last edited by Denny Smith on Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Ian Morrish

PostMon Jul 23, 2018 5:51 am

I have been using the Studio 4K2 camera for the last month as an on-stage camera fore drum or keys fixed shot. Using a Lumix G 12-35 Power I.O.S manual zoom lens. No problem with low light as this is an F2.8.
I have found you can set the camera gain to max 18db and still add some color gain (2 is fine) with hardly any noticeable noise. Gives you good options for narrow or deep depth of field.

I'll probably pick up a cheaper motorized zoom lens that is in the compatibility list (Lumix G X PZ 14-42mm) just to test the remote control of zoom but don't don't know if I'll be able to be able to use it in my situation.

I have also tried the new URSA Broadcast with an SD B4 Fujinon lens but could not add any gain because of the amount of noise it added to the picture in low light (having to use F1.4 on the Fiji lens made for very narrow depth of field).
I also want to try the Micro Studio camera. I see it has the same sensor and dynamic range than the Studio 4K. I suspect the Studio HD camera may be better as I only run 720p and this camera has 2 better dynamic range but don't know what this really means for image quality for live, low light environment.

I'll try and get some footage for you.
Regards,
Ian Morrish
Video Integrated Scripting Environment
(Windows PowerShell with ATEM driver + more)
https://ianmorrish.wordpress.com

zonuna

PostMon Jul 23, 2018 9:28 am

Thank you so much, i really need all the infos and help ...

Denny Smith

PostMon Jul 23, 2018 5:19 pm

The Studio HD would be a better fit for low light shooting, especially if you only need 720 resolution. Shooting a Ursa Broadcast camera at 720p to evaluate lower light, is going backwards and will not give you the best results for comparison. Try shooting at least at 1080p resolution.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

galesko

PostWed Oct 03, 2018 7:42 pm

Can a battery be added to the Studio Camera 4K 2? Just purchased three and imagine my surprise to find no battery!

Denny Smith

PostWed Oct 03, 2018 8:17 pm

I do not think so, thst was the change from the ver 1, the battery was removed. The internal battery did not work,thst well anyway. Just plug in an external battery, and yiu are good to go...
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Xtreemtec

PostThu Oct 11, 2018 5:17 pm

Also removed due too FIAA regulations.. It is easier to transport goods when there is no LIPO / LI-ION battery inside.. Or just a small one.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production