13 Days to love!

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Wayne Steven

13 Days to love!

PostTue Oct 09, 2018 8:38 am

I have been waiting to compare cameras to the Pocket 4k before buying, and regrettably it seems to have taken until this month for most of them to come through.

In 13 days the official price and details on the Cinemartin Fran 8k will becoming out, as a few people gather over there for a hands on. Nokia is releasing a light camera inspired Nokia 9 on maybe the 25th. Lenovo has a camera phone, which unfortunately looks like it might be just another different cameras with different function 4 camera array, rather than a multipoint 3D array for computational video. The pricey zcam E2 is out with a 16 stop upgrade coming. Maybe this, or next month, we might hear something about Red/Hydrogen 8k. No Sigma camera with video sensor unfortunately, and unfortunately nothing about a BM 4k micro I am particularly interested in (though 4.6k is preferable, even 8k :) ). No 8k GoPro (they went custom ASIC last year which I don't think is very capable for 8k, and the 7nm chip production plans in the industry of one foundary took a nose dive. However, the 8k ready Ambarella (the company they were getting chips for top models from) had been announced CES last year). No Yi 8k, no Yi Mi2. Thanks and have stalled a bit.

We might be finally seeing some new Mac stuff coming, and if it doesn't have something as God as support for two higher end NVIDIA Turing cards, it will be a little bit dissapointing (and that's for an iMac) and a bigger 10k screen. But let's see what HP does. However, the Mac Pro is due, and it would be great if you could put 4 top end (not just 'high' end) NVIDIA Turing cards with that and do cinema 3D realtime. The new Intel chips are just out, so it's time. But, People have often suggested they are going to convert to Arm processors, one day. Forgot the new NVIDIA cards with Ray tracing have been out, and we should be dueefur the consumer versions. Even without BRaw it should be less costly to do high end performance now.
aIf you are not truthfully progressive, maybe you shouldn't say anything
bTruthful side topics in-line with or related to, the discussion accepted
cOften people deceive themselves so much they do not understand, even when the truth is explained to them

Wayne Steven

Re: 13 Days to love!

PostTue Oct 09, 2018 8:40 am

However, if BM wants a 4k Micro 8k Mini, beta tester, I would be happy too.
cOften people deceive themselves so much they do not understand, even when the truth is explained to them

Wayne Steven

PostWed Oct 10, 2018 11:57 am

Read, Canon 7D mk2 is out of production, and mk3 is coming. The Canon xc15 replacement is still nowhere.

Wayne Steven

PostTue Oct 23, 2018 1:00 am

Well luv hasn't come yet. I don't know what has happened yesterday.

The Nokia 5 camera 9 phone (or whatever model number now) is said to be pushed back till next year. An excellent Christmas present if it's good computational video.

So, I might have to pull the trigger on something soon. There is no pocket 4k around here to get my hands on and I still feel uneasy about getting one. It's like, something better is out there in my time frame. The official spec of the E2 h264/5 has reduced.

Return to Off-Topic