Image blocks anything that's underneath it to be shown

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Speldosa

Image blocks anything that's underneath it to be shown

PostTue Oct 02, 2018 10:15 am

Normally, when putting a video clip over another in Davinci Resolve, the latter can be seen where the former ends if you move it out of the way. However, this doesn't seem to be the case when working with images. In the screenshot below, I have a png file on top of a mp4 file. I've shifted the position of the image and the black boarder represents part of the frame which the image no longer cover. However, the video underneath it still doesn't show up, which would be the case if I used two videos. What's going on here?

Speldosa

Re: Image blocks anything that's underneath it to be shown

PostWed Oct 10, 2018 12:11 pm

Sollution: Don't use PNG. When performing the exact same operation with JPEG, it works as expected. I will consider this a bug.

AlexLTDLX

PostThu Oct 11, 2018 7:27 pm

This is another v15 bug. Try re-sizing it down just a little bit (or cropping). That is the work-around I've discovered for now.

roger.magnusson

PostThu Oct 11, 2018 11:00 pm

As a workaround until this bug is fixed you can for example make small "invisible" adjustments like setting the Transform > Rotation Angle to 0.001. This makes the image transparent again. Another option is setting Composite > Opacity to 99.999.

Return to DaVinci Resolve