BlackMagic ATEM software

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

gregorydahl@hotmail.com

BlackMagic ATEM software

PostTue Oct 09, 2018 12:40 am

How can I use BlackMagic ATEM Software version 7.1.2 with a new unit? When installing the version 7.1.2 it appears to not install the USB driver and will not see the ATEM unit when running the ATEM setup program. If installing the current version 7.5.2 it works fine. Because of a 3rd party software I need to used version 7.1.2. Is there a USB driver I can get for win10 and win server 2012 R2 to install?

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

Re: BlackMagic ATEM software

PostTue Oct 09, 2018 4:54 pm

Hello Gregory. This may depend upon the ATEM switcher model you have. You didn't mention which but some earlier ATEM versions would not recognize newer switcher models.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

gregorydahl@hotmail.com

PostWed Oct 10, 2018 12:20 pm

Thanks Gary for the reply, The ATEM switcher model is a ATEM Television Studio HD. This is a new unit trying to use firmware version 7.1.2.

Greg

Xtreemtec

PostThu Oct 11, 2018 10:07 am

Should work.. As the TVS HD was first supported from FW 7.0

Try to plug it into a USB2 port.. Quite often the driver doesn't work very well if plugged into a usb 3 port for some reason.. ;)

Also you should be able to do an update trough ethernet instead of usb..
ATEM Switchers 7.0 Update

This software update adds support for the new ATEM Television Studio HD, along with localization for Italian, Korean and Russian user interfaces in the ATEM Software Control Panel, in addition to the already existing English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese and Chinese
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

gregorydahl@hotmail.com

PostThu Oct 11, 2018 6:09 pm

It should work, but does not work (version 7.1.2). I tried both USB 3.0 and 2.0, also tried using OS win7 does not work. When using version 7.5.2, works fine?

Return to Live Production