Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

windows 10 update - now fusion 8 and 9 wont load

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Peter Profetto

windows 10 update - now fusion 8 and 9 wont load

PostWed Oct 10, 2018 10:35 pm

My laptop updated to windows last nite, and now both fusion 8 and 9 will not load.

at first they loaded but the viewers were white and interface was laggy, but after rebooting, now the programs wont even load, but in task manager they show up.

Now both fusion 8 and 9 will open a loading screen, open the window of the interface and then vanish.

At the same time, my firefox opened compeletely white - so i know something is wrong with the graphics driver.
with firefox i disabled the hardware accel and it works.
so i'm thinking it has something to do with that.

however i can't find an intel graphics hardware accel to disable.

The intel driver is 20.something.
the latest intel drive is 24.something - windows is saying it didn't use the newest driver because of compatibility issues, but this 20. version i think it also not working.

anyone else have this issue? I need to keep working in fusion - but now i cant even load it.

Peter Profetto

Re: windows 10 update - now fusion 8 and 9 wont load

PostWed Oct 10, 2018 11:06 pm

something is going on with the intel grpahics driver i think
i tried to install it and it said cannot install computer does not meet minimum requirement.

so i'm like can i just put the old intel driver that worked back - i dont even know what version it was.

Thomas Martin

Re: windows 10 update - now fusion 8 and 9 wont load

PostFri Oct 12, 2018 8:10 am

I am having the same and other problems since the last annoying (!!!) Windows update. Resolve does not even show a splash screen, Maya crashes on launch. I deactivated the Intel Graphics letting all the GPU-stuff run from the Nividia card. Thus, I do not think it is a Intel issue but it, once again, the strange Win 10 policy to corrupt working environments.

Return to Fusion