Intercom/talkback through ATEM switcher to camera operators

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Logan Bartley

Intercom/talkback through ATEM switcher to camera operators

PostMon Oct 08, 2018 8:24 pm

I got the camera operators intercom feature no problem, but is there an interface device so I can communicate with the lighting director who is not on a camera? I have an old ClearCom intercom system, but using it requires another cable run from the production booth to the cameras as well as cables to other production crew like lighting, stage manager, etc. Using the Blackmagic Design ATEM switch's built-in talkback system, I can communicate to the camera operators, but there's no auxiliary system to talk to non-camera operator crew. Is there any device to either patch in the old ClearCom system, or an interface device to patch in on the SDI program distribution without needing a production camera at those locations?

Xtreemtec

Re: Intercom/talkback through ATEM switcher to camera operat

PostThu Oct 11, 2018 10:13 am

Add a 2W4W box into your system between the Atem and the 2Wire intercom system to the lighting guys.

This will Now put the 2W base station in front of your director.. Let channel A go to the 2W4W interface into the Atem to talk to the camera people, let Channel B be a 2W party line for everyone else that needs intercom. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production