Get ATEM software to stop changing my cam settings.

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Nick Lavigne

Get ATEM software to stop changing my cam settings.

PostThu Oct 04, 2018 5:45 am

Hello, first time here.
Is there a way to have the atem software not touch my three ursa broadcast camera's settings. Every time I start it up it kills my settings. And frankly it's better to set everything up on the cameras themselves. The software can't even do true 180° shutter angle at 29.97, the cams say so right on them. Also setting white balance is a pain in the software.
So I'd like the software to stop defaulting my cams. Even if I set them to lock and save, it still starts up unlocked.
I wouldn't even use the software if it wasn't for not being able to set up a Chroma key on my 1m/e advanced panel.

*Update: figured out the Chroma setup with the panel*

Xtreemtec

Re: Get ATEM software to stop changing my cam settings.

PostThu Oct 11, 2018 5:15 pm

The only way to stop it from changing settings is to not give it a return video signal.. Or a signal that has no ANC data inside.. ;) (Like the HD downconverted output on the Atem 2me & 4me
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Asgeir Hustad

PostThu Oct 11, 2018 7:54 pm

Or just change the camera number to one that isn't defined in the Camera Control.

Xtreemtec

PostThu Oct 11, 2018 8:05 pm

I wanted to say but that will always overwrite. Untill i realized that since recent updates we now can go up to ID 99 on the cameras.. While back in time you could only go up to channel 16 or 20.. ;)

So yes that will work too.. You keep the talkback, but will loose Tally and Control.

I rather would like to select in the camera if i want control on or off.. But keep tally.. Small feature on a long wishlist...
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Oct 12, 2018 12:29 am

This is all good information but an additional note. In the ATEM software, File Menu-> Preferences, you may disable camera control for individual cameras. It will be found in the Mapping section.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Xtreemtec

PostFri Oct 12, 2018 10:10 am

Haha Wow Gary.. Almost never in that menu because we don't use the button map very often.. Learned a thing today :P

I guess tally will still work.. Just control is left out?

pederdingo

PostFri Oct 12, 2018 12:24 pm

Does this also disable Talkback on the individual cameras?
We have some issues with playing back video from a Hyperdeck plugged into the ATEM - the intercom audio recorded on 15-16 will also play back.
It would be nice to be able to select which inputs should have Talkback

Xtreemtec

PostFri Oct 12, 2018 2:29 pm

I don't have my setup here.. But i guess not.. Probabbly they just disable the ID number in the data send from that channel..

So you disable Shading 3..
It will send packets 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 ;) Talkback is audio and thus completely different.

If you have Hyperdeck mini's you would be able to put the audio channels to 2 instead of 16. Which will kill the intercom also ;)

Return to Live Production