Davinci does not start after Win 10 update

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Thomas Martin

Davinci does not start after Win 10 update

PostSat Oct 13, 2018 8:44 pm

Some days ago Win 10 was updated and now neither Fusion 9.0.2 nor Resolve 15.1.1 start anymore. Maya 2018 now crashes at start up. I completely deactivated Intel HD in the Bios and it is not visible in the device manager. I installed the most recent Nvidia driver and the card works. I have seen some people in the Fusion forum had the same problem after this Win 10 update. Any idea what to do ?

carlomacchiavello

Re: Davinci does not start after Win 10 update

PostSat Oct 13, 2018 9:13 pm

The only way to use win10 professionaly is to install win10 enterprise that allow you to stop update. After over 25 years of Windows i stopped to use it for its instability from win8.1 and the impossible to work with win10 and have a stable configuration where every day i loss minutes in update and removing update be cause my hardware is not compatible.
Win10 professional mean :
- user folders corruption top much frequently
- you must be an hacker between registry and firewall to avoid automatic update
- driver that are autoinstalled from so, ottenendo break your stability
- the tons of service that stare and waste your cpu time
- bad multiprocessing support against old seven professional
- sometimes disk file system corruption that waste you time in ricovering

And this is not what i tell from my experience but from many friends that work in IT of a bigger facility, over 680 po with win10 pro.

Try to install baci old win10 iso from Microsoft website before april 2018 (different change on video and audio codecs on that version), then NOT CONNECT TO INTERNET and modify registry to stop update, if you Google a bit you can found where to add a voice on registry to stop and manage manually update.
Then reboot and connect to internet and install old video driver and try to test all.
When you have stable config software you must lock all driver and Os update, today too much stupid developer (I was born with machine code and assembly, today a developer is often a code assembler without know what he really do) waste your configuration to add some odd not useful tool to your os. Keep on stable config.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

carlomacchiavello

PostSat Oct 13, 2018 9:17 pm

Navigate in a registry to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent

Add dword32 key
Name it
DisableWindowsConsumerFeatures
Value to 1
Reboot
This lock auto update win10

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

PostSat Oct 13, 2018 9:23 pm

carlomacchiavello wrote:Navigate in a registry to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent

Add dword32 key
Name it
DisableWindowsConsumerFeatures
Value to 1
Reboot
This lock auto update win10

Nice . Ben fatto!
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

Thomas Martin

PostSat Oct 13, 2018 10:38 pm

Thanks Carlo, I will try that. Win 10 is the worst Windows version I ever had.
Unfortunately, I cannot switch to a Mac or Linux.

PS: Do I need Win Enterprise ? I only have Win Pro.

carlomacchiavello

PostSun Oct 14, 2018 8:16 am

Thomas Martin wrote:Thanks Carlo, I will try that. Win 10 is the worst Windows version I ever had.
Unfortunately, I cannot switch to a Mac or Linux.

PS: Do I need Win Enterprise ? I only have Win Pro.

Unfortunately you can’t legally. From what I know enterprise eduction is availble only volume license of 10.000 license. Microsoft know that cannot manage problems of so high big number of license and for that reason build a special version of windows with ability to real lock the update and other feature to allow the IT to manage in the old way windows, for us poor user we theorically must will be mad against their madness.
I use mostly OS X (I miss the time when I used Linux, too much problems to find right pro software to use, plugin version and more, most of developers develop only win or win and Mac) and windows seven where it cannot access to internet, I disable lan connection.
Windows10 when I need is on VM but until I can I prefer to avoid it, too much time wasted on it.
Same thing on hp mobile workstation, win10 cause a continue loop of driver update, remove be cause update is not compatible with hardware check hardware Id and build a database before to install isn’t too much complex to do?
Every time I try to use win10 on notebook I waste since 40 minutes, then start windows.
The solution grab last firmware from website, flash again on original also if you have the same and come back to install Windows Seven. The flashing firmware is important be cause win10 (like best virus) sign the license on firmware and casually stop your ability to install other os, old windows, Linux, macosx, and many other... just a useful casuality for MS

Thomas Martin

PostSun Oct 14, 2018 9:01 am

Thanks for sharing your insights Carlos, I would greatly enjoy to return to Win 7. The best version so far. But the manufactor explicitly writes that the CPU is too new to be supported from Win 7. I will try the April Win 10 version and try to get rid of all the update/upgrade funtionality.

carlomacchiavello

PostSun Oct 14, 2018 9:45 am

Thomas Martin wrote:Thanks for sharing your insights Carlos, I would greatly enjoy to return to Win 7. The best version so far. But the manufactor explicitly writes that the CPU is too new to be supported from Win 7. I will try the April Win 10 version and try to get rid of all the update/upgrade funtionality.

unfortunately there is a turning point where we are contrained to update to win10, i just do it with seven because i have motherboard and cpu that work also with seven, but all new motherboard have newer chipset that are not recognized from seven, and crash during install. first or later all we need win10 :o :lol: :lol:

Drasius Kupstys

PostSun Oct 14, 2018 6:30 pm

Google "O&O ShutUp10"....

Return to DaVinci Resolve