Resolve crashing with sound edit

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

FroggyKiwi

Resolve crashing with sound edit

PostSun Apr 08, 2018 9:38 pm

Hi there,

Using Resolve14.3.0.014 Studio

I'm starting to have some serious issues regarding sound. I'm editing a drama with some wave files as audio. Now almost every time I try to copy paste, move, duplicate or delete part of the audio Davinci just freezes and give me the wheel of death which forces me to force quit. It's not just every now and then but instead every two or three operations. The client is breezing down my neck and I have no solution for him ! Please is any of you have a solution or came across the same problem !!!

At the start of the project I didn't have any problem while editing apart from occasional crashing while drag and dropping audio clips from media pool to timeline. Not ideal but could find a work around so I was able to keep working. But today is the worst ! Haven't been able to progress the slightest on my work !

I'M MAC USER!!! See system details in description.

Thanks
iMac Retina 5K, 27inch, 2017 - OS Mojave on 2TB Fusion Drive - 4.2 Ghz 4 Intel core i7 - 40 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4 - GPU Radeon Pro 580, 8GB

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Resolve crashing with sound edit

PostMon Apr 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Have you added an audio plugin recently?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

FroggyKiwi

Re: Resolve crashing with sound edit

PostSun Oct 14, 2018 9:03 am

Hi Peter, sorry only saw your answer now !!!

After further investigations, it turned out that it was indeed any clip with a plugin that would cause Resolve to crash !!! Not very useful but at least I've managed to stop the crashes to occur.

Thanks for your answer !
iMac Retina 5K, 27inch, 2017 - OS Mojave on 2TB Fusion Drive - 4.2 Ghz 4 Intel core i7 - 40 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4 - GPU Radeon Pro 580, 8GB

Return to DaVinci Resolve