Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fresh Windows 10 Install - Fusion 9 hang on splash screen

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Morné Erasmus

Fresh Windows 10 Install - Fusion 9 hang on splash screen

PostSat Oct 13, 2018 7:26 pm

Hi guys

I have a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro installed on a i7 3930K 32GB Ram
1 X GTX 670 4MB (Monitor connected)
1 X GTX 1080Ti

All the windows updates have been installed, all devices drivers installed. All my other apps run fine
I have nothing special installed, no Fusion plugins or OFX plugins.

3ds Max 2016 (and 2019) run fine
Photoshop runs fine
Affinity Photo Runs fine
(dont have Premiere or AE or Davinci)

On FB somebody suggested to update my Intel HD graphics, which I would do if I had any Intel HD graphics, but I don't

Fusion was running fine in this system before I formatted the PC and re-installed everything fresh, now it attempts to load the splash screen, but just a small black window comes up, and sits there. In task manager it states Fusion is not responding, it doesnt recover.

If I run the command line fusion /version it comes up with the version. If I do Fusion /config it hangs
IF I attempt to run the usual way with the icon on the desktop, it hangs. Navigating to the exe and double clicking, fusion hangs.

Don't know what to do anymore. Somebody suggested installed a previous version, but I'm not sure how to get to the archives to download an earlier version.

Thomas Martin

Re: Fresh Windows 10 Install - Fusion 9 hang on splash scree

PostSat Oct 13, 2018 8:34 pm

I am experiencing essentially the same problem since the last Win 10 update. I completely deactivated Intel HD in the Bios and it is not visible in the device manager. I installed the most recent Nvidia driver
and the card seems to work but neither Fusion nor Resolve work anymore. In my case, Maya now also crashes at launch.

Morné Erasmus

Re: Fresh Windows 10 Install - Fusion 9 hang on splash scree

PostMon Oct 15, 2018 9:40 am

I don't have Intel HD graphics installed. I used Guru3D DDU driver removal to make sure about it.

I also roled my NVidia driver back to 388, but it makes no difference, Fusion still doesnt start.

I've now re-installed the latest NVidia driver (416) as it makes no difference to Fusion in this case

Return to Fusion