Computer doesn't auto install driver software (h.264 pro)

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

DWilliamson27

Computer doesn't auto install driver software (h.264 pro)

PostSat Oct 27, 2018 5:09 pm

I recently purchased an h.264 pro recorder for use on two different computers. When I connected the recorder to my primary computer, the driver software for the h.264 recorder automatically installed the software that allowed the computer to recognize the device and be used properly. Everything works as it should for my primary computer. However when the h.264 pro recorder is plugged into my second computer, the driver software does not automatically begin installing and their is no prompt to download any sort of software associated with the recorder. When I attempt to view the status of the connection in the black magic media express application, it says no device is detected and no video comes through. So I am wondering, is there a link to the h.264 base driver software that I could download over the internet or email that I could install onto my second computer so that the recorder can work properly on both devices? Or if you believe the driver software is not the issue, anything that could help point me towards a solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

RickWallter

Re: Computer doesn't auto install driver software (h.264 pro

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 9:35 am

Hi!
Try it when you load the windows, hit F8, and then load unsigned drivers, then it should start working.
Often complain about this product, crooked starts.

Rick

DWilliamson27

Re: Computer doesn't auto install driver software (h.264 pro

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 7:27 pm

Thanks for the reply. Okay so here's an update on the problem I am having. We were able to get the h.264 pro recorder installed onto the second computer and a video and audio feed comes through both the black magic media express program and the secondary program we use for our company, STEVA Hockey Pro. However, the video feed is very choppy and does not record a steady stream like it does on the other computer we were using. It will work okay for a few seconds, then it will record slowly as if it were in slow motion, then it will speed up a bit as if it were trying to catch up, but it never does and falls further and further behind what is actually happening live. When recording a 40 minute broadcast yesterday, the feed fell a full 7 minutes behind live action. This was not a problem when I used the converter box on my primary computer, only the secondary computer. Unfortunately, I have to get it working on both computers because the primary computer (my own) does not travel with the main user (owner of the second computer) and the h.264 recorder.

The second computer which is does not operate correctly on is a Lenovo computer that runs windows 10. When I attempt to troubleshoot the recorder through the computer's devices setting, it mentions that the device is plugged into a 3.0 USB port when it is made for a 2.0 USB port. I have tried plugging the recorder into all three of the computers USB port's and it gives this message when it is plugged into all of them. I could be wrong, but I was fairly sure that any 2.0 USB could be run through a 3.0 port. I could be wrong but I looked online and what I read seemed to confirm this, so I am not sure what the problem could be. The computer has plenty of storage space and is only two years old. As I mentioned, a video feed DOES come through, but it is so slow and choppy that it is nearly impossible for us to effectively do anything with it. Any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Return to Getting Started