Resolve.exe - Entry Point Not Found

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Dave Pultz

PostWed Nov 28, 2018 1:11 am

I successfully installed Resolve 15.2 in my PC and tried to boot up and got the following error message:

The procedure entry point ??4Pixmap@@QEAAAEAVO@S$QEAVO@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link Library C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Resolve.exe

Any suggestion how I can fix this problem?

Lindy1

Re: Resolve.exe - Entry Point Not Found

PostWed Nov 28, 2018 11:57 pm

When I attempted to start Resolve after upgadeing to 15.2, I got the same error message, but with a different iteration of the entry not found.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Nov 29, 2018 1:45 am

Are you using Windows 10?
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Lindy1

PostThu Nov 29, 2018 6:58 pm

Yes, I am using Window 10 Pro. I also unsuccessfully tried to "go back" before the Resolve 15.2 installation, using earlier Window OS Restore Points. But no joy!

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Nov 29, 2018 7:38 pm

In a File Explorer window, go to:

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

and run CaptureLogs

Then open Windows System Information and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here.
Dwaine Maggart

Lindy1

PostThu Nov 29, 2018 9:34 pm

Hi Dwaine Maggart,
I created a folder on Dropbox and uploaded both the DaVinci Resolve CaptureLog file and the file with the System Information about my computer. The link is:
https://www.dropbox.com/home/DaVinci%20 ... stic%20Log

I set access on Dropbox for support-usa@blackmagicdesign.com.

Let me know if I can do anything else. I really, really appreciate your help!
Cheers,
Lindy1

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Nov 30, 2018 10:59 pm

I don't see any indication in the logs you've sent, that you ever installed 15.2? Even an install that fails almost immediately should generally leave some indication of it's presence in the logs.

I see no indication of 15.2 in the Windows error log. 15.0, 15.1.0, 15.1.1 and 15.1.2. But no 15.2.

So I'm not sure what you were seeing.

Try the current 15.2.1 version, and if you still have issues with that, send another Resolve log and NFO file.
Dwaine Maggart

Lindy1

PostSat Dec 01, 2018 1:32 am

Dwaine,
I tried unsuccessfully to install 15.2 on 28 November. That is when I received the first Entry point not found error message.

On 29 November, I tried to install 15.2.1 hoping that the new version or the subsequent install would solve the problem. No joy. I got the same Entry point not found error message.

I have now emailed you both the latest DaVinci Resolve log and an NFO file I just created. I sent these files to your gmail address using Goggle Docs.

Please help me!
Bob Lindquist
310-753-8121

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Dec 05, 2018 7:33 am

I still see no Resolve crash related info in the latest NFO file you sent.

Uninstall Resolve using the Programs and Features Control Panel.

After it's uninstalled, in File Explorer, rename this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

to:

C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve.old

In File Explorer, verify this this folder is gone:

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

If it's not removed, remove it.

Now install 15.2.1.

What happens?
Dwaine Maggart

Thomas Dove

PostWed Dec 05, 2018 11:40 am

I don't know if it is relevant but I had a similar error when upgrading to 15.2.1 from 15.0
I just did the upgrade without uninstalling 15.0
The upgrade script had the Fairlight and Panels boxes unchecked so presumably did not update these.

THEN..
I uninstalled 15.2.1, and Fairlight and Panels installs, checked the BlackMagic Design folder [Program files] was empty then re-installed, and it installed and ran.

(I do have a crash on Win 10 when trying to open a prior HDR project; some projects work - still investigating to see if I can narrow it down - 15.2.1 seems to work fine on Linux Centos 7)

~~~~~~~~~

Davinci Resolve Studio 15.2.1
Win 10 Pro 64-bit Dell XPS 13 w Intel UHD graphics
Main Resolve: Linux Centos 7, Intel i7 16GB RAM, nVidia 1070Ti, Decklink Extreme 12G

Lindy1

PostThu Dec 06, 2018 9:49 pm

Hi Dwaine,
First, your instruction on deleting the version entry related to Resolve in the Registry seems to have solved the problem. I was able to install DaVinci Resolve 15.2.1 and it appears to be running fine on my desktop.

However, the opening screen of Resolve no longer showed the list of my projects. Per your instructions, I had renamed the ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Support\Resolve Disk Database\Resolve Projects\Users\guest folder on my system drive. The newly installed ProgramData folder did not list the subdirectory \Projects. After I copied \projects subdirectory from the old folder to the new folder, my projects were restored. I assume that this was the proper procedure for restoring the projects, yes? If not, please advise.

Second, do you know what caused this problem in the first place. When I reinstalled this time, I turned off my malware antivirus software per Riz's suggestion. Do you think the problem was caused by my malware software or by something else? Should I have uninstalled the older version of Resolve before I tried to install the new 15.2.1 version?
Thank you very much for sticking with me through all this. I really appreciate your help.
Cordially,
Lindy1

Steve Waller

PostFri Dec 07, 2018 2:38 am

Dwayne’s procedure worked for me also. I renamed the DaVinci Resolve.old file back to normal and deleted the one installed by the software install prior to launching the program the first time

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostSat Dec 08, 2018 1:11 am

@Robert: What you did to restore the projects is fine.

Unfortunately, I haven't the faintest idea how or why any of that happened.
Dwaine Maggart

quentin.kefford@gmail.com

PostFri Feb 15, 2019 10:22 am

I have just installed Resolve for the very first time (V15.2.4 on Windows 7).
There was no DaVinci Resolve link installed on the menu - only "DaVinci Resolve Panels" (which runs).
When I went to the installation directory and tried to run Resolve.exe, the message displayed was:
The procedure entry point DeleteCritcalSection could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll.
The previous posts all seem to relate to problems where an earlier version had been installed which is not the case here. Any suggestions?

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Feb 20, 2019 4:50 am

We only support Windows 10.
Dwaine Maggart

resolve_user_x

PostFri Feb 22, 2019 10:57 am

I am experiencing "The procedure entry point clEnqueueMarkerWithWaitList could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\Davinci Resolve\Resolve.exe" I have a dropbox link with the results of the capturelogs and a dump of the system info, but I'm not allowed to post links. Please let me know what I can do to fix this (or not).

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Feb 22, 2019 5:46 pm

Put a space somewhere in the link, such that the system does not think it's a link.
Dwaine Maggart

resolve_user_x

PostFri Feb 22, 2019 5:57 pm

dropbox . co m / sh / lj080ibhwnz9hmg / AABB2uk4dZFPNiyr8uGShFIza ? dl=0

Micha Clazing

PostFri Feb 22, 2019 10:06 pm

quentin.kefford@gmail.com wrote:I have just installed Resolve for the very first time (V15.2.4 on Windows 7).
There was no DaVinci Resolve link installed on the menu - only "DaVinci Resolve Panels" (which runs).
When I went to the installation directory and tried to run Resolve.exe, the message displayed was:
The procedure entry point DeleteCritcalSection could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll.
The previous posts all seem to relate to problems where an earlier version had been installed which is not the case here. Any suggestions?

Make sure your graphics drivers (AMD or nvidia) are up to date, then delete OpenCL.dll from C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\Davinci Resolve. This is not officially supported, but it should allow you to use Resolve on Windows 7 normally. Continue at your own risk.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostSat Feb 23, 2019 2:06 am

@Daniel: The Intel HD2000 graphics on your i7-2600 CPU are not adequate to run Resolve.

Your HP 8200 Elite SFF PC would appear to have 2 low profile PCIex16 slots. If you can find an adequate GPU in a low profile form factor, that should work.

A quick search seems to indicate this might be the best currently available low profile card:

MSI GTX 1050 TI 4GT LP Graphic Cards

It's got 4GB of VRAM, and should work pretty well for HD workflows. Amazon price is $189.99 at the moment.
Dwaine Maggart

Carsten Sellberg

PostSat Feb 23, 2019 5:00 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote: Your HP 8200 Elite SFF PC would appear to have 2 low profile PCIex16 slots. If you can find an adequate GPU in a low profile form factor, that should work.

Hi.

As I remember, do some HP 8200 Elite have some very low rated Power Supplies. When I try to check, do I find this link:

https://www.bw-pc.uni-freiburg.de/datei ... /version21

When I read on page 21, do the SFF only have a PCI Express 2.0 25W max power rating. That will not be enough to power the suggested MSI GTX 1050 TI.

I wonder if the HP 8200 Elite was sold all around the world this this low rated power supply. But I will suggest you check the rating of your actually Power Supply, before you order the suggested Graphics Card.

If the total Power Supply is rated to 239 or 240 Watt then it is to small for the suggested Graphics Card.

Regards Carsten.
URSA Mini 4.6K

acidwhale

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 10:27 pm

Micha Clazing wrote:
quentin.kefford@gmail.com wrote:I have just installed Resolve for the very first time (V15.2.4 on Windows 7).

Make sure your graphics drivers (AMD or nvidia) are up to date, then delete OpenCL.dll from C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\Davinci Resolve. This is not officially supported, but it should allow you to use Resolve on Windows 7 normally. Continue at your own risk.

Have the Same problem, trying to fix it by your advice. But i canot locate "OpenCL.dll" in the files, in that folder. where i can find it? can you help me?

DavidP

PostFri Aug 02, 2019 7:51 pm

Hi! I have a similar problem: "The procudure entre point MFTEnumEX could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Resolve.exe."
I've been reading the forum and I have tried several recommended procedures with no success. I used to run with no problems version 15.1 and unistalled for a few month and now I want to install 15.3.

I add on this link the files you asked for in some posts: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqhGelQOEApkgfZrUkp ... Q?e=2mpr7x

Hope you can help me! I'm desperate!
Thanks in advance!

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Aug 02, 2019 11:24 pm

I would speculate the the Windows 10 N version is missing components that the Resolve installer is expecting and causing the install failure.

We don't test Windows 10 N and we can't support Windows 10 N.

You might try installing the free Microsoft Media Features Pack:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48231

This supposedly makes it more like a normal Window 10 version, and may be enough to make Resolve happy.
Dwaine Maggart

Joseph McLaughlin

PostMon Aug 19, 2019 8:46 am

Micha Clazing wrote:

Can confirm, using windows 7 and got that error, deleting that file removes the error and allows the program to run. Weird how most "incompatibilities" windows 7 faces turn out to be deliberate or illusory. -posted from windows 7 running Ryzen and an m.2 SSD which are also "incompatible"

Charles Bennett

PostMon Aug 19, 2019 8:12 pm

No support usually means development and testing is not done on Win 7. They make no guarantees that it will work.
Resolve Studio 19.0b build 20
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (551.86 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

IngaMIK

PostFri Sep 06, 2019 6:52 pm

I tried to delete OpenCL.dll file on Win 7 and now resolve is saying "The program can't start because OpenCL.dll missing

Micha Clazing

PostMon Sep 09, 2019 12:50 pm

IngaMIK wrote:I tried to delete OpenCL.dll file on Win 7 and now resolve is saying "The program can't start because OpenCL.dll missing

Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. If you are using Intel integrated graphics, be sure to install the Intel OpenCL runtime.

Teo Rižnar

PostTue Sep 10, 2019 10:30 am

I am trying to set up shared database server on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard. After the installation of Resolve v16 I would like to run only the Resolve Project Server and I get the error "Entry Point Not Found":

"The procedure entry point clEnqueueMarkerWithWaitList could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Resolve.exe"

I know Windows Server 2012 is not writen in system recommendation, but I am trying just to get the Project Server to manage the shared databases for multiple Resolve systems.

Return to DaVinci Resolve