Application linking

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

deanobuchanan1

Application linking

PostFri Dec 07, 2018 7:06 pm

Hello,
I am unfamiliar with software development so please forgive me. I am working on a custom video capture, distribution and analysis system and need some direction. I want to capture video using 3G-SDI cameras, route it through a Black Magic smart hub to a PC where I have a Dec-Link card. On the PC, I have "MotionView" video analysis software where I need to capture the video and use the tools to analyze the video. Is it possible to use the Black Magic SDK to link the two programs together? If so, what can I expect in the way of seamlessness? Will I have to use the Black Magic software to capture and save, then open my program? Or is there a way for me to open my analysis program and capture directly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Then, my next step is where can I go to get it done?

Thank you all,

Dean

Xtreemtec

Re: Application linking

PostSat Dec 08, 2018 1:50 pm

The SDK is for writing your own software for capture, playback etc.,. Or to integrate Decklink capture compatibility when you are a software designer and want to add support for decklink cards.

Ask the developers of MotionView if they are compatible with the decklink cards. But looking at there website they only support IP and USB cameras.. Which make sense as IP cameras (like axis security cams) are excellent for field oversight and analyses cameras. Cheap to get, easy to distrribute over a network.. ;)
https://allsportsystems.eu/nl/hardware/cameras-en-video/
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

deanobuchanan1

PostMon Dec 10, 2018 5:13 pm

Thank you for the reply. It is making more sense now...so what I think you are saying is if I wanted to use the video captured by the DeckLink card with MotionView, I would need them to develop or modify their code to work with the DeckLink as they have already done with the USB and GIGE cameras?

Thanks for your help in understanding this.

Xtreemtec

PostWed Dec 12, 2018 1:07 pm

This is correct. ;) And they need the SDK to do that. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Software Developers