OpenFx compiled plugin

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

amartins

OpenFx compiled plugin

PostThu Jan 03, 2019 6:33 pm

I have compiled an OpenFx plugin and turned it into a bundle using the Visual Studio example project, placed it into the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins" folder and started Resolve. I think Resolve has loaded the plugin, because when I look at "C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Support\OFXPluginCache.xml" I see the name of the plugin with the timestamp showing it was just loaded, however I do not see the plugin anywhere inside the Resolve UI. I expected to find it in the Edit > OpenFX pane, or the Color > OpenFX tab, but all I see there are ResolveFX that were already there before. Am I missing something? I even compiled the basic example that comes with OpenFX, and the DissolveTransitionPlugin that comes with Resolve, figuring maybe I was missing something in my code that exposed the plugin to the UI. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Golem235

Re: OpenFx compiled plugin

PostFri Jul 26, 2019 7:42 am

Same problem here.
I tested my own plugin, the gain plugin and openfx-miscs. Depending on which computer I tested it on, they didn't show up. On three machines they were displayed, on two machines they didn't show up. But exactly as amartins described it, it was cached.

Any suggestions?

Return to Software Developers