BM UMP support

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Vess Stoytchev

BM UMP support

PostTue Dec 04, 2018 8:20 pm

Hello colleagues,

a month ago our UMP broke. Horizontal lines filled the image. This was over SDI, on SD cards and SSDs. We contacted BM support immediately and our local dealer and on the first working day, Nov 5th, we returned the UMP for inspection by BM. Today, 4th of December, we received a brand new UMP! Thank You Blackmagic for Your support!
In all the commotion we sent out our unit without the handle and power brick. Sorry for that. Guess we have a spare one now.
Packaging is better than one year ago, if I remember correctly. The SD cards for Resolve where smaller size. Not it's a 16GB card with tutorials, sample footage, CentOS distro and so on. The Camera card has 6.0 software on it, so I guess the package is really new. Gotta say the unboxing experience was updated for the good! :)

I hope nobody has to go through guarantee experience, but even so BM made this with great support, easy and painless.

Thanks again Blackmagic!

Vess Stoytchev

Re: BM UMP support

PostFri Jan 11, 2019 10:02 am

Second UMP had something rattling inside of the body. BM send us DHL to pick up the camera. On a Monday it flew to the UK, Wednesday we had a new unit at out door.
Thanks for the support once again.

Return to Cinematography