Ultimatte 12 white shadow problem

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

abcwille

Ultimatte 12 white shadow problem

PostMon Jan 14, 2019 12:18 pm

Hi there

See attached. When I key a white dress in front of a white background, I get this blue shade on the shoulders. The light is pretty much the same all over, but when i move the dummy from left to right the shade shift place.
I can remove some of it with the blue density key, but what is the proper way to get rid of it?
Is it all lightning or color?

Thomas
white shade.png
white shade.png (963.01 KiB) Viewed 607 times

Ron Ungerman

Blackmagic Design

Re: Ultimatte 12 white shadow problem

PostMon Jan 14, 2019 10:19 pm

Hi Thomas,
This could be a lens issue, called a chromatic aberration and some of the newer B4 eng lenses have a solution to this issue called CAC (Chromatic Aberration Correction).
There is a simple test to see if this is the issue. Place the dummy composited against the white in the center of the image, if both sides of the dummy are clean (no blue edge) then it's the lens, try using the CAC in the camera to fix the edges.

If your camera or lens lacks the CAC feature, you can use the U/V FG Input position in the Configure menu on the SR 4to reduce or remove the edges.
Select the Configure Menu>Inputs> On the right side you should see three knobs called FG INPUT U POSITION, FG INPUT V POSITION and FG INPUT UV POSITION> adjust the U POSITION or the V POSITION to remove the blue edge.

abcwille

Re: Ultimatte 12 white shadow problem

PostTue Jan 15, 2019 8:32 am

Thank you for a quick reply :-)

Indeed the shades disappear in the middel of the shot.
I will try and see if I can remove it one or the other way.

This I would never have thought of.

Thanks

Thomas

Return to Live Production