HyperDeck Studio Pro software?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

acrice79

HyperDeck Studio Pro software?

PostTue Jan 15, 2019 11:11 pm

Hi everyone!

We just added 3 HyperDeck Studio Pro units to our field gear, and I am having such a hard time finding software to control these. I see a lot of iOS apps, but I'm looking for something that I can install on the Windows computer that is running our ATEM switcher software. The main feature I need is the ability to change the clip names for recording, which from what I understand can be done with the 'record: name: "clip"' command. I know I can telnet in to each HD and do that, but I was hoping there was something more "user friendly" that can accomplish that on all three with one click of the mouse. Does anything like this exist?

Thank you for the help!

Aaron

Jack Fairley

Re: HyperDeck Studio Pro software?

PostWed Jan 16, 2019 12:23 am

HyperDeck Panel by iamjeffamato worked well for this the last time I needed it.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

acrice79

PostWed Jan 16, 2019 9:38 pm

I tried using Telnet to connect, but it keeps kicking me out, and I discovered on another post that you apparently can't be connected to the ATEM switcher and use telnet at the same time. If that's the case, will the HyperDeck Panel program work with the HyperDecks being connected to the switcher?

Xtreemtec

PostThu Jan 17, 2019 10:36 am

No same problem.. You can only have 1 telnet session running to the hyperdeck. So or you connect them to the atem. Or you control them with Hyperdeck panel.. I would go for hyperdeck panel as it has a lot more options to offer then the atem integration. The only thing you miss out on is the Autoroll on cut.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

acrice79

PostThu Jan 17, 2019 3:50 pm

That's a bummer. We purchased the HyperDeck Panel software, mostly so clips can be named. I don't understand why there isn't a built-in web interface for the HyperDecks...it would make things a lot easier. I like the ability to have a macro to call up a specific clip on the ATEM and I also have one that will gang record on all three at the same time. Hate to lose the integration with the switcher...it would be nice if the features on the HyperDeck Panel software was also available through the ATEM interface.

I'm hoping that it will work if I disconnect the ATEM ethernet cable from our network for a brief time to set clip names through the HDP software and then reconnect. Will see once I get all that installed, but it's silly to have to jump through the hoops for this.

Return to Live Production