Decomposing clips in 14b6 crashing

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Mike C Bonner

Decomposing clips in 14b6 crashing

PostThu Aug 03, 2017 1:54 am

I'm trying my hand at dialogue editing in the latest beta. The problem I'm having right now with b6 is consistent crashing when decomposing compound clips. In this case, the imported xml was from fcpx that utilized synchronized clips for syncing wav files. They come in as compound clips into the resolve timeline. After many crashes, I found out that I could decompose the compound clips if the track type was properly matched to the audio properties in the compound clip. In this case, it meant changing tracks from stereo to mono. But, unfortunately, though they eventually decomposed, the timing on all of the clips were off. So, at the moment, it is a completely unworkable solution.

In addition, I tried the same workflow through 12.6. It was rock solid. Not only did they decompose without crashing, I did not have to change the track type in order to do so. I was able to save the 12.6 project once everything was decomposed, and open it up in 14b6. So far, so good doing it this way.

Also, tried to import an AAF into 14.6, was unable to open it due to "No valid video timeline detected".

I would love to be able to use Fairlight for dialogue editing, but it seems like there is still some work to be done.

Mac OS10.12.3
MacPro 8 core D700

Dean Alioto

Re: Decomposing clips in 14b6 crashing

PostThu Jan 17, 2019 11:44 pm

Hey Mike,

Did you figure out your decomposing crash situation? I'm experiencing the same in the latest version 15 with compound video/audio clips.

Thanks!
Dean

Return to DaVinci Resolve