Change 'Clip Speed' of all selected clips

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

funkyidol

Change 'Clip Speed' of all selected clips

PostSun Jul 29, 2018 5:24 pm

Using the Resole 15 Beta 7 and I noticed I cannot change the speed of all selected clips. Only a single clip on which I right click get its speed change all other selected are unaffected. The Menu option for change clip speed from top bar is disabled when I have multiple clips selected. I hope this is just a bug in the beta coz i remember this working for me in Resolve 14

eriveraa

Re: Change 'Clip Speed' of all selected clips

PostThu Sep 27, 2018 11:58 pm

I also want to know how to change the CLIP SPEED for all clips of my timeline.

My timeline has almost 80 clips, so it is really hard to change clip speed one by one.

Is there a solution for this? (I am using resolve 15)

Thanks in advance.

kmausser

PostMon Oct 22, 2018 10:56 pm

It doesn't seem to be working in the latest version (15.1.1) either. This is really annoying and slow to have to change one clip at a time!

Marc Wielage

PostTue Oct 23, 2018 8:23 am

Hmmmm, what if you copied the speed on one clip, then highlighted a bunch of clips and used Paste Attributes and checked Retime Effects? I've done that in the past and it's worked before.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Kye Leslie

PostSat Nov 03, 2018 11:44 am

Marc Wielage wrote:Hmmmm, what if you copied the speed on one clip, then highlighted a bunch of clips and used Paste Attributes and checked Retime Effects? I've done that in the past and it's worked before.

Works in 15.0.0.086, even with an option to Ripple the Sequence.

Thanks Marc!!!

Hector Corcin

PostSun Jan 20, 2019 7:34 pm

Thank you for the solution Marc.
I was wondering the same today and I am happy that I found this thread. I have to admit that the intuitive thing would be that Change clip speed command would work with all selected clips. But I can live with the paste attributes solution.

George Leon

PostSat Sep 28, 2019 7:08 pm

ditto, this should ideally work for multiple selected clips together. but the workaround works and I guess gives you the ripple option, so kinda justified for that.

mjncad

PostSun Sep 29, 2019 1:31 am

Marc Wielage wrote:Hmmmm, what if you copied the speed on one clip, then highlighted a bunch of clips and used Paste Attributes and checked Retime Effects? I've done that in the past and it's worked before.

I'm new to Da Vinci Resolve 16.0 after using Corel Video Studio X8 for my occasional videos. By the way, I'm not going back to Corel.

I've tried this method to re-time a bunch of still pictures from 5-seconds to 6-seconds and there was no change. It doesn't seem to matter if the clips are linked or not.

I have approximately 100 stills in this car show video I'm working on and the thought of changing each one manually is painful to put it mildly.

mkoster

PostWed Apr 29, 2020 2:19 pm

Marc Wielage wrote:what if you copied the speed on one clip, then highlighted a bunch of clips and used Paste Attributes and checked Retime Effects? I've done that in the past and it's worked before.

works for "speed" and "Ripple sequence", but the "pitch correction" is not being pasted :(

kuborart

PostSun Jan 31, 2021 10:12 pm

Create a new timeline2, open and add timeline1 to timeline2. After that you can change speed for the entire timeline.

Return to DaVinci Resolve