Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion keeps crashing while editing

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

WarlyH

Fusion keeps crashing while editing

PostWed Jan 30, 2019 4:47 am

Hello,

I've recently started using Davinci resolve, i'm completely new to video editing so i'm not sure how to troubleshoot issues like this.

I've just had my third crash in a row while trying to edit Text+ on the fusion tab, the moment i try to playback a keyframe postion the software will freeze for a moment and close with no other window or splash screen afterwards. I tried making a new timeline for jsut the section of the video i'm adding the text to but it will crash aswell.
My pc doesn't get slow or freezes when it happens , no spike in load or temp. Is just Resolve.

Resolve is installed in an ssd and the files used in an external drive.

Version 15.2.2.007

Windows 10 Home V 1809 x64

AMD Ryzen 1800x
16gb Ram
Gtx 1060 3gb

Thank you !

visualbodiez

Re: Fusion keeps crashing while editing

PostSat Mar 16, 2019 11:20 pm

WarlyH wrote:Hello,

I've recently started using Davinci resolve, i'm completely new to video editing so i'm not sure how to troubleshoot issues like this.

I've just had my third crash in a row while trying to edit Text+ on the fusion tab, the moment i try to playback a keyframe postion the software will freeze for a moment and close with no other window or splash screen afterwards. I tried making a new timeline for jsut the section of the video i'm adding the text to but it will crash aswell.
My pc doesn't get slow or freezes when it happens , no spike in load or temp. Is just Resolve.

Resolve is installed in an ssd and the files used in an external drive.

Same thing here. Every time. If I start making any sort of adjustments to the text or even try to preview it, it slows wayyy down, then eventually stops playing back or responding. Have to close the application and then force-close it in task manager.

v15.3.0.008
AMD Ryzen 7 2700; GeForce GTX 1070 Mini ITX OC 8GB GDDR5; Corsair LPX 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz C16 DDR4 DRAM; Samsung 960 EVO Series - 500GB NVMe - M.2; Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD X 2

Bryan Ray

PostSun Mar 17, 2019 1:02 am

You'll probably get more help in the Resolve forum. Most of us over here primarily use the standalone Fusion. We can help with workflow or "how do I" sort of posts for Resolve, but crash conditions in Resolve's Fusion page are outside of the bailiwick for most of us. And actual BMD employees are rare in these parts, more's the pity.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

Rick van den Berg

PostTue Mar 19, 2019 8:26 am

have to say i got similar problems. very random and hard to replicate. but especially in the text3d node lately. software or opencl renderer doesn't matter. changed ram/gpu settings, experienced alot with all kinds of settings/hardware changes in the last months/maybe years, but no love. got some kind of love-hate relationship going on with fusion :roll:

Return to Fusion