Resolve keeps crashing when I try to import stills

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

John Whiteway

Resolve keeps crashing when I try to import stills

PostSat Feb 16, 2019 4:52 pm

Not sure what's going on, but every time I try to import stills Resolve 15 is suddenly crashing. At first I was trying to import images as FIFF files. Thought that might be the problem so converted the images to JPEGs, but weird things continued. When I selected all twenty images Resolve crashed as soon as I tried to import. I then tried importing a few images at a time, which seemed to be working for a while, but then Resolve would crash again. I also noted before the crash that if I imported three images only two would appear on the media page.

Anybody have any idea what's going on and how I can get around this? I had earlier imported images into this project in Resolve 14 without any problem. Has this problem got something to do with Resolve 15 perhaps?

Thanks.

John
MAC OS 10.12.6
IMac 5K 27 inch (2017)
Processor 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR4
Start up Disk MAC HD
Graphics Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
Storage MAC 2.12TB Fusion
External 3TB USB disk

Resolve 15.

John Whiteway

Re: Resolve keeps crashing when I try to import stills

PostSat Feb 16, 2019 6:40 pm

Hmm. Maybe an amateur mistake on my part.

When I was having all the problems described above it was when I was selecting "file/import file/import media" while on the edit page. Just tried doing the same while on the media page and my stills have been imported properly.

Well, that seems to have solved my immediate problem, and maybe one should always import media while on the media page - kind of logical, I guess. But that begs the question: if stills can't be imported properly while on the edit page why do the import options appear on there?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

John
MAC OS 10.12.6
IMac 5K 27 inch (2017)
Processor 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR4
Start up Disk MAC HD
Graphics Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
Storage MAC 2.12TB Fusion
External 3TB USB disk

Resolve 15.

Return to DaVinci Resolve