BMPCC - Card Issues (AGAIN)

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

SDUSTT

BMPCC - Card Issues (AGAIN)

PostSun Feb 17, 2019 6:10 pm

Hi,

My BMPCC - (and I bought another used one, so I have two now) recognises NO card whatsoever. So they're basically two door stops now... useless.

I hunted out the older cards - bought a few; ALL formatted as instructed before hand - none work. I bought a new SanDisk Extreme Pro. Same problem.

This is unfair on BMPCC users... who are left high and dry. I have now cancelled my pre order of a BMPCC 4K - as I can see that Blackmagic appear to just cut and run.

The same cards they suggest do no work. My understanding is, they say they will do no more firmware updates... so can they come out clearly state that users of the BMPCC are screwed... and that they're simply not bothered?

What should I do now? I have spent hundreds on cards; wasted time and money. I'd like for the manufacturer to step up and aid users here. Test, at great length, every card under the sun; and give us a list of cards that will work.

I come from an audio / music studio background; and if a brand did this, in that world; it would be EVERYWHERE and they'd lose customers, quickly.

SDUSTT

Re: BMPCC - Card Issues (AGAIN)

PostWed Feb 20, 2019 10:45 am

Right, I even sourced an older Sandisk to spec; still doesn't work.......

Can BM or anyone; just give a link to a card that works; too much time and money wasted now. Please please help.

Return to Cinematography