Subtitles not showing up in videos

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

strongeryou

Subtitles not showing up in videos

PostThu Jan 17, 2019 4:01 am

Working with Resolve 15.x, found a fairly generic post related to this topic but the instructions did not seem to work with 15.x or at least my situation. How do I get subtitles to render?

James Morton-Robertson

Re: Subtitles not showing up in videos

PostFri Feb 01, 2019 11:04 am

I have the same problem on Resolve 15.2.3 I don't really WANT TO HAVE TO RE-EDIT CREATING TITLES TO REPLACE THE SUB-TITLES, A LOT OF EXTRA WORK
James Morton-Robertson
James Morton-Robertson

James Morton-Robertson

Re: Subtitles not showing up in videos

PostFri Feb 01, 2019 3:51 pm

Solved but with little help from the ref manual. The setting in my case was to select the subtitle heading on the delivery page and burn the subtitles into the video, it isn't a default condition. Pity that the background isn't elastic or able to be matched to the amount of text in the subtitle, they look much better against a semi-transparent background box but unfortunately, once set in subtitle type, the attributes of the background is fixed for the whole timeline and set at jus one set of parameters, normally your first subtitle
James Morton-Robertson
James Morton-Robertson

theworldsurvival@yahoo.com

Re: Subtitles displays black blank page

PostFri Feb 22, 2019 3:31 am

hi, am new to video editing and to resolve. i have watched tons of tutorials and have carefully followed up the post in the forum, but still have not gotten solution to my problem.

my subtitles doestn't display on my timeline. it shows a black screen while playing. my title equally doesn't show up well, my title is a mixture of both the title and a black screen. please i need urgent help as to how to fix it. i have a work, i must deliver by monday.

i use windows 10, intel(R) core(TM) i3-7100u @2.4GHz. 6gb ram, 64 bit operating system.

Return to DaVinci Resolve